It almost rained today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It almost rained today!

It sprinkled some today. That's about all that it's done around here since our last measurable rain on July 28th.
    It sure is dry!
    Have a very blessed day!

I live at 42nd and High School here in Indy. It rained for about 20 minutes.
    GO COLTS!!!

Comment

Nothing on Indy's southside. The sun is shining brightly here and actually it's quite surprising, I washed the truck yesterday which usually insures that it will rain!
      ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by irnlsfan View Post
        I live at 42nd and High School here in Indy. It rained for about 20 minutes.
        I live 4 miles from you @ 56th. and Kessler....We didn't get diddly... But I did know Bo....Does that count?
        My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

Comment

Longest Indy dry spell in 47 years. Pretty major! Big trees are dying, wells are going dry, and if anybody throws a cigarette out the window, or lights a bonfire or tries to burn leaves, they might cost somebody a helluva lot of money!

For all the volunteer fire fighters, be careful out there. Fighting field fires is the most dangerous type of work, IMO. Everybody gets crazy, and somebody gets run over in the smoke. Be careful!

Comment

I'm not seeing the grass fires that we had in '88.

TV channels were praising the rain that we received today. Translated that means it rained in Carmel.
            Center Grove Trojans
            2008 5A Football State Champs
            2015 6A Football State Champs
            2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
            2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post
              Grass fires don't cost anybody anything, except the lawn mowers. I'm talking fields. And in 88, no fields were burning, because it was the middle of summer when the drought was bad. Normally this time of year, fields have a certain amount of moisture in the foliage - not this year.

Comment

All true. I was just referencing your 47 year comment. Curious how it was determined.
                Center Grove Trojans
                2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

All true. I was just referencing your 47 year comment. Curious how it was determined.
                  Numbers cruchers at NWS came up with it.

That 88 drought was a real bad one, for sure, much worse than this one agriculturally because the crops were mostly made before this one got rolling.

This isn't real widespread like it was in 88. South central Indiana is at 10% of normal rainfall for the last 60 days, while Plymouth Indiana is probably close to normal.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/news/display...57540&source=0

Comment

Not a drop of rain in New Palestine yesterday... not a drop.

My yard is a disaster... and worse than that, I have had FOUR freaking driveway panels crack wide open over the past 5 days & not a thing I can do about it. Driveway is 19 yrs old & had only two hairline cracks in it until this week. Unreal.

Comment

It will make it all up in May of 2011 -

It will be a quick fall of the leaves without much color except for brown.

The grass has gone dormant and saves the mowing time.
                      Last edited by fivehundred2go; 09-20-2010, 09:28 AM.
                      Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

TV channels were praising the rain that we received today. Translated that means it rained in Carmel.
                        Um, no. Looks like Carmel was mostly missed. We were lucky in Lawrence Township, and Fishers was grazed.

On the NE side, we've been very lucky -- it seems like whatever small amount of rain recently has gone right over us.
                        No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Um, yes.

This isn't about personal opinion. I watched the news and actually saw the report on the rain in Indy -- it was Carmel.
                          Center Grove Trojans
                          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

I wonder what Angela Buchman has to say about this...

Comment

Originally posted by MoparsRule View Post
                              I wonder what Angela Buchman has to say about this...
                              She's an idiot, great looking but still an idiot. I hate the way she plays to the camera and talks to the viewers like they're 12-year old kids.
                              ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X