Wow Michigan State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow Michigan State

I wasn't cheering for the Spartans but what incredible sack it took to make that call.

Unreal.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

I was cheering for the Spartans and I loved it!

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post
      I wasn't cheering for the Spartans but what incredible sack it took to make that call.

Unreal.
      Yeah, good call, I guess.

Too bad the snap was a full second after the play clock was :00.

No sour grapes. Just watch the replay.
      No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler View Post
        Yeah, good call, I guess.

Too bad the snap was a full second after the play clock was :00.

No sour grapes. Just watch the replay.
        Ooh.

I guess I missed it like the refs did.
        Center Grove Trojans
        2008 5A Football State Champs
        2015 6A Football State Champs
        2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
        2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post
          Ooh.

I guess I missed it like the refs did.
          I guess it's not reviewable. ND apparently missed it too. I've seen a handful of people on the Internet who confirm they also saw the clock expire.
          No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Our group saw it the first time. The refs totally screwed ND. Helluva play call, but ND got screwed.

Comment

I guess it's not reviewable. ND apparently missed it too. I've seen a handful of people on the Internet who confirm they also saw the clock expire.

It expired. No doubt about it.

Comment

Notre Dame and Big Blue/Sparty seems to be the BEST TICKET in college football. WOW. The blown call just means the date is ALREADY circled for next season...What a show these teams put on for all the World to see...
                P.S. We have one of those cliffhangers most years in late May, here in Indy. Different sport, butcha' get yo' moneys worth, no doubt.:krusty
                My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

Comment

Originally posted by JSR View Post
                  Our group saw it the first time. The refs totally screwed ND. Helluva play call, but ND got screwed.
                  Bwahahaha! I guess they really do need help from Touchdown Jesus.

I usually root for the Domers, but I was pulling for State. So I'll admit my bias in this case, and that I loved the play call, after the fact. I'd probably have said it was stupid if they hadn't converted.
                  Last edited by Coyote; 09-19-2010, 03:29 AM.
                  Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

Originally posted by JSR View Post
                    It expired. No doubt about it.
                    There seems to be doubt about it; as some at the game say there was time left on the clock or at worst simultaneous with when the ball was snapped and that the tv clock wasn't perfectly synced.

Edit:quoted the wrong post before.
                    Last edited by Coyote; 09-19-2010, 03:30 AM.
                    Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

Sort of a funny exchange on the net, because a guy posted the irrefutable screen grab showing the TV clock at zero, and the ball is not snapped. And other people immediately pointed out that the stadium play clocks still read one second. So, I doubt anybody knows for sure, other than we do know the tv play clock is not the official time, the officials keep that. Those from the game who say it was nearly simultaneous with the stadium play clock (also not official) striking zero may be right, since those who claim it was late using the tv clock tend to feel it was about one second late. I say, seems plenty close enough, play some defense.

Last edited by Coyote; 09-19-2010, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Wisconsin also enjoyed some home field officiating yesterday.
                        I wish I knew - Dennis "Cutty" Wise

When its game time, it's pain time! - Terrible Terry Tate

Comment

The TV clock, while not official, is tied directly into the stadium clock. So if there is any delay, logically you would think the TV clock would be BEHIND the stadium clock.

ND got jobbed, but they're not the first and they won't be the last.

Comment

The TV clock, while not official, is tied directly into the stadium clock. So if there is any delay, logically you would think the TV clock would be BEHIND the stadium clock.

ND got jobbed, but they're not the first and they won't be the last.
                            But we can see that it isn't behind the stadium clock, it's ahead of the stadium/scoreboard clock. So why would you say that?

So it doesn't appear from all the evidence that we can tell if ND got jobbed. Those on the net who watched the field clock frame by frame with their HD picture, seem to be saying they can't tell, because when the scoreboard clock hits zero the snap occurs almost simultaneously. (Edit: Found a guy who says it came one fifth of a second late by the stadium clock, which still is not official in the Big Ten due to previous timing controversies, but you'd hope that clock would be close.)

I usually root for Notre Dame. I grew up near there and my Dad got a Master's degree from there when I was a kid. But this was such a good game, and with State always behind Michigan in then hype wars, I was pulling for them. So, some bias on my side as well, although I'd have still been happy for ND if they won. They didn't, IMO.

I think delay of game should be reviewable though. Why not? It can be determined as or more clearly as anything else. In this case they'd have said inconclusive and let the play stand.
                            Last edited by Coyote; 09-19-2010, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Obviously it isn't. TV has :00 and the stadium clock has :01. The stadium clock is what the officials are looking at.

ND got beat. Let's hope its not the last.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X