One Thing Leads to Another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Thing Leads to Another

I'm watching this Florida vs. Tennessee ball game, and tryin' to be cool, the announcers were calling the place ROCKY TOP. Okay, nod, nod...wink, wink...you guys are cool...BUT that song was played, danced to, and sang in my house when it came out...First by the Osbourne Brothers, followed by anybody who played country, and spoke English. Barbara Mandrell sings about being country when country wasn't cool. I was country when country was unheard of. Had to be, the radio was on WSM pretty much all of the time.
    My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

I hated country music until I got a job at a country radio station. WTTM 920 AM.

It grows on a person. Good era to learn about Country music. Reba, Shenandoah, George Strait, KT Oslin, Randy Travis.... Rodney Crowell was still getting some love from the major country stations too

Some Saturday nights when Im driving home from some far flung speedway in SC or NC I can get WSM on the way home. Kinda of cool to think of all the greats that performed on that station on that show. Like listening to music history as its being made
    Last edited by KevMcNJ; 09-18-2010, 06:46 PM.
    Live like Dave

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X