Rumor: Peyton Manning Hurt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor: Peyton Manning Hurt

Mark Patrick alluded to it at the start of his show. He seems to be under the impression that Manning won't be on the field Sunday.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2010/9/1...hurt#storyjump

Can't say I am sad about it. Too bad

I just hope off the field he will be fine. Life is more important then sports
    "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

Mike Chappel is on MPoS right now saying that if he really was hurt and wasn't on the injury report, the Colts would really be "walking a fine line" with the NFL. He's working with the assumption that Peyton is healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Paff View Post
        Can't say I am sad about it. Too bad

I just hope off the field he will be fine. Life is more important then sports
        There is not a Craftsman box big enough...
        "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
        ~~Groucho Marx
        I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Originally posted by comfortably numb View Post
          There is not a Craftsman box big enough...
          Subtle.

Comment

There's virtually nothing about this on a Google search.
            No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

There is absolutely zero chance that Manning is hurt bad enough to not play without someone in the national media scooping it. This is the Colts and the NFL we are talking about here. There are thousands of reporters out there looking for info like that from team sources every day.
              "I would like to be able to admire a person's opinions as I would their dog - without being expected to take it home with me." ---- Frank A. Clark
              " it only makes sense for the world's most prestigious fried chicken to pair up with the world's most prestigious watch brand" ---D. Byrd

Comment

I won't believe anything until the Colts make a transaction. There's no way they'll go into a game with just Painter and Brandstater and no emergency QB.
                No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

I'm going to my first Colts' game next weekend. I'll be pissed if he's not playing - he's the reason I bought the ticket.
                  "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

not one of the normal suspects i.e., shefter, mort, lombardi, etc. have tweeted about this or have even brought it up to my knowledge. If those guys said something about then I'd be worried because they usually scoop the indystar colts' writers.
                    "Any time that I can be out at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, you're going to see a smile on my face." - Dan Wheldon

"It's crazy how the Indianapolis Motor Speedway can make you so emotional. I went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in less than 24 hours." - Alex Tagliani

Comment

Originally posted by Gomer Simpson View Post
                      Mike Chappel is on MPoS right now saying that if he really was hurt and wasn't on the injury report, the Colts would really be "walking a fine line" with the NFL. He's working with the assumption that Peyton is healthy.
                      Not the first time they have have been dishonest on their injury report. In 2007, Marvin Harrison hardly played, but they tried to pretend every week that he was going to play, right up until before the game when they would announce him inactive.

Comment

I'm betting that Manning takes the field tomorrow night. And not only that I also bet he plays with a passion, not only to make up for last week but because he's going against his brother.
                        ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by Formula Indy View Post
                          There is absolutely zero chance that Manning is hurt bad enough to not play without someone in the national media scooping it. This is the Colts and the NFL we are talking about here. There are thousands of reporters out there looking for info like that from team sources every day.
                          Good point

Comment

Originally posted by indyracefan View Post
                            I'm betting that Manning takes the field tomorrow night. And not only that I also bet he plays with a passion, not only to make up for last week but because he's going against his brother.
                            From what he's said, he enjoys playing against his brother, but he won't approach the game any differently. I can't imagine why he would.

Comment

Painter is being interviewed at the Purdue game right now. He doesn't sound nervous or concerned in any way.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X