Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haircuts

Some people stay impeccably groomed.
    Even to the point of getting their hair cut every two weeks---OR SOONER.
    Others let it go...
    And when you go, oh say, 2 months between cuts EVERYBODY knows.
    And EVERYBODY has to say something.
    So do you get yours cut on a regular schedule.?
    And if not, what do you say when someone asks the obvious question, "Did you get a haircut?"
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    ~~Groucho Marx
    I have the hots for Khaleesi...

I get mine cut every 6 weeks. I find that, by that time, it's just starting to get "shaggy." I rarely get "the question," but when I do, I just say "yes."

Comment

Went to the barber yesterday. Took it from almost down to the lobe to off the ear. I get my $17 (15 + 2 tip) worth. More hair goes on the floor from my one long to short than from a handful of his regulars. My hair is good til the day I wake up and it is annoying. It's like a light switch. One day it's fine, the next day I need it cut.

"Yep, got them all cut"
      I wish I knew - Dennis "Cutty" Wise

When its game time, it's pain time! - Terrible Terry Tate

Comment

I'm an every two months guy.
        And if Mrs. Numb didn't threaten to change the locks I might go longer.
        In response to the question I have been known to say, "No. Did you get new contacts?"
        "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
        ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

Now-a-days usually every 2-3 weeks, that way no-one can ever tell when I get it cut. Back in the day when my hair extended below my shoulders I would get it 'trimmed' about once a month.
          ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

I feel shaggy at 3 weeks. My wife usually cuts it within five days of my shaggy feeling. It's so simple, a caveman can do it.
            No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Been cutting my own hair for several years now - #6 on top, #4 on the sides and back, every 4-6 weeks. Watched the stylist cut it that way and simply said "I can do that". Just need my wife to trim my neck for me, and I'm good to go.
              A ship on a voyage could sink in the deep.
              A ship in the shallow could crack on the reef.
              But only ashore is it safe where it is built
              And only ashore is it useless.

Comment

I was in a shop where the young shag rug next to me was bragging, as the barber mowed his head, that he only got his cut once a year.
                Had I been cutting his hair the clippers would have slipped more than once.
                Last edited by comfortably numb; 09-17-2010, 01:12 PM.
                ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

"No, I got my ears lowered."
                  GO COLTS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Indy-One View Post
                    Just need my wife to trim my neck for me, and I'm good to go.
                    I bet she makes faces at you when she's back there.

Comment

Ever since I retired from the Navy, haircuts are few and far between. I go about once a year.

Comment

I wait as long as possible between cuts because it always seems to reveal a huge growth between my shoulders.
                        ...---...

Comment

What's hair? I'm as bald as they come. I did have hair on my head at one time, but it all gravitated south to other parts of my body.

Comment

Originally posted by Jag-lover View Post
                            What's hair? I'm as bald as they come. I did have hair on my head at one time, but it all gravitated south to other parts of my body.
                            I'm getting close to that! Still got some on the sides and back that I get cut about once every two months.
                            "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Comment

I get a haircut every five weeks, and I shave, part of my face, twice a week.
                              Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X