Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, I have po'd the rest of the foursome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I have po'd the rest of the foursome.

Finally brought to head how they've cheated for our 20 plus years of playing together. I'm probably out of line, but dang.

I sure hope you're talking about golf.
    "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Fury View Post
      I sure hope you're talking about golf.
      Yes

Comment

If was just a game for fun. I would just be po'd. But, if money or other renumeration was at stake, I would really be po'd.

Comment

I use to play with my fellow employees.
          We had a weekly sign up sheet by the time clock.
          On day I parred one of the hardest par 4s on the planet.
          Bill, when asked his score, said 5---and he had been all over the hole.
          The next week I skipped past his group on the sheet and signed the next one over.
          He asked me, in front of the others, dontcha want to play with me?
          I said sure, when you can learn to count.
          He quit playing with us.

Love to hear your story, Lutesk.
          "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
          ~~Groucho Marx
          I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

They roll the ball, even with a perfect lie. 3 foot gimmees. Grounding clubs in hazards. Raking bunkers before hitting out. Stroke and distance when ob.

And the worst, breaking tree branches that impede their swing.
            Last edited by lutesk; 09-17-2010, 12:06 AM.

Comment

So was this a I'm not necessarily mad as heck, but I'm not going to take it anymore moment?
              Did you just decided enough is enough---it's time to play a little closer to the rules?
              "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
              ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by lutesk View Post
                They roll the ball, even with a perfect lie. 3 foot gimmees. Grounding clubs in hazards. Raking bunkers before hitting out. Stroke and distance when ob.

And the worst, breaking tree branches that impede their swing.
                Nope. The WORST thing was that they all insisted on wearing these pants...
                BRAWNDO - THE THIRST MUTILATOR...IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

Comment

Sounds like your group has been playing "winter rules" for a long time, so that's what they're all used to. If you want a change, I might suggest you all start fresh next year with more official rules. Our group plays the ball down everywhere, takes gimmies if given by someone else, and plays stroke and distance from OB to save time. It's all about getting everyone to agree, then play by them.

You will always have that "dude" that rolls the ball when no one is looking.

Comment

I never liked the OB rule. We would all save a lot of time if we played course boundaries like water hazards.
                    ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

Or, you could just give up golf and go bowling...
                      You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Originally posted by comfortably numb View Post
                        I never liked the OB rule. We would all save a lot of time if we played course boundaries like water hazards.
                        Hitting a provisional doesn't take very much time. It's the annoying people who don't do that who waste every else's time. "I may find it, let's go see..."

Out of bounds is supposed to be a more severe penalty than a water hazard. and it adds challenge to the game.
                        Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

Buddah knows I don't need anymore challenges.
                          Besides. nobody swings differently on a hole where there is OB as opposed to a lateral hazard.
                          Just move down the fairway and drop one where it went out.
                          ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by comfortably numb View Post
                            Buddah knows I don't need anymore challenges.
                            Besides. nobody swings differently on a hole where there is OB as opposed to a lateral hazard.
                            Just move down the fairway and drop one where it went out.
                            When I was playing a lot, we typically did the OB rules properly. But, now that I play much less and almost entirely in northern WI (courses cut through woods), we just play drop the ball where it seems it went out. After looking for it, since there is seldom anyone right on our tail. If I ever get serious again, maybe I'll worry about it more, but that is the one rule I just don't care too much about. Loss of stroke is enough for a friendly game - as long as we are all doing it.
                            Eff LBD!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski View Post
                              Or, you could just give up golf and go bowling...
                              Shoot me first.
                              ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X