NCAA Brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Brackets

Wow, so far I see Butler getting screwed big time. A #7 seed? That seems awfully low considering they were ranked in the low teens nationally. And that doesn't even mention that they got put in a hostile atmosphere with South Alabama in Birmingham.

IU gets a #8, Butler a #7 & Oklahoma a #6.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Yeah, I think Oklahoma is too high. Gonzaga just got the Butler treatment. #7 seed to play in the #10's backyard. What is up with that. It's like they are trying to knock out those guys as quick as they can.

Comment

Ren Butler sez:

We wuz robbed! :mad:
        No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Michigan State gets a #5.
          Center Grove Trojans
          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

I can see MSU jumping past Indiana, but by three seeds?
            No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Guess they jumped Purdue too!

Purdue #6.

Comment

Congrats to Baylor and Scott Drew. I was worried for them for a bit, but that should be a great game to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler
                  I can see MSU jumping past Indiana, but by three seeds?

They split head-to-head and IU finished ahead of them in the Big 10. IU's weak finish probably pushed MSU ahead but THREE SPOTS??? What's pathetic is to look at all of the 6s, 7s & 8s and to lump IU in as an 8 is ridiculous.

Still, they weren't destined to make any noise in the tournament...I just wish they had a chance.
                  Center Grove Trojans
                  2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Originally posted by Canth
                    Wow, so far I see Butler getting screwed big time. A #7 seed? That seems awfully low considering they were ranked in the low teens nationally. And that doesn't even mention that they got put in a hostile atmosphere with South Alabama in Birmingham.
                    That really jumped out at me. Butler was ranked as high as 11th in the nation in the polls.

I think Kent St. should have gone a place or two higher.
                    The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

Indiana should definitely have been higher. For whatever reason, Purdue didn't get much respect all year, so a six doesn't seem like a surprise.

I'm not a fan of the teams that play in the Big Ten finale on Sunday playing again on Thursday. Of course, I'm not a huge fan of conference tourneys, so take it for what its worth.
                      Eff LBD!

Comment

I think it's obvious the whole big ten wasn't very well thought of. I mean, Wisconsin only got a #3 seed and they won both the conference and the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by mstove
                          Indiana should definitely have been higher.
                          Maybe a little, but their RPI (25) isn't far off from where an 8 seed should be, and when you consider their late season swoon, it's tough to get too upset about it.

However, Purdue (RPI = 47) with a 3-3 finish including 2 losses to non-tourney teams, getting a 6 is a head scratcher. If they play well, they could make a very nice run. There's not a team in that half of the bracket that is a nightmare matchup for them.

Comment

I'm not sure how much the RPI mattered when you look up & down the list.
                            Center Grove Trojans
                            2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Notre Dame the top seed in the State? Now I'm an Irish fan but that's silly. Butler for sure should have been no lower than a 4 or 5 seed, imo.
                              I'm just tired of hearing about the RPI and how important it is and then the "committee" ignores it. They need a better way of choosing the field. The committee just seems to pick and choose who is "worthy" and who ain't.
                              I think the Arizona/Arizona State situation is bullfeathers also. ASU beat Arizona twice during the season and had a better Pac-10 record. Again the RPI popped up and did in ASU.
                              There's so much else wrong with this process, but because of DST it's getting late and I have to get ready to to to bed.
                              Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X