Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many teams should be in the NCAA basketball tournament?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many teams should be in the NCAA basketball tournament?

Hmmm???
    12.96%
    7.41%
    64.81%
    1.85%
    0.00%
    more than 128
    12.96%
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    ~~Groucho Marx
    I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Kind of funny that the actual number that currently enter isn't an option.

I say keep it the same but get rid of the +1.

Comment

I really like 96, give the top 32 a bye, have the bottom 64 play to join them. I'd be happy with 128 too.
      Brian's Wish
      Artemis Images
      TrackForum Store
      TrackForum store 2

Comment

Originally posted by IndyMichael
        I really like 96, give the top 32 a bye, have the bottom 64 play to join them. I'd be happy with 128 too.
        Good lord, why not just let everybody in?

Comment

Originally posted by speedmonkey
          Good lord, why not just let everybody in?
          http://web1.ncaa.org/app_data/weekly...08MBBrpi1.html

341 D1 teams, 96 or even 128 isn't exactly letting everyone in.
          Brian's Wish
          Artemis Images
          TrackForum Store
          TrackForum store 2

Comment

64 allows you to have three full weekends of basketball. Don't mess with what works.
            No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Until a 16 beats a 1 (proving that 16's can do some damage) there is no reason to expand it, IMHO.

Plus, with so many conference tourny champs getting automatic bids, it is almost like 300+ teams are already in the tournament. If you want to win a national championship, you just have to win all your tournament games, conference and NCAA.

Comment

I never understood why any team worse than 3rd in conference should be included.
                If I were king I would do away with conference tournaments as well.
                "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by comfortably numb
                  I never understood why any team worse than 3rd in conference should be included.
                  If they're among the 34 best conference non-champions, why not?

Originally posted by comfortably numb
                  If I were king I would do away with conference tournaments as well.
                  Great TV, great exposure, big money.

Let's at least agree that the NCAA basketball system is better than the NCAA football system ...
                  No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Originally posted by speedmonkey
                    I say keep it the same but get rid of the +1.
                    No doubt. The "opening round" game is the dumbest thing in sports.

Comment

All of them. It would only take a game or two to get down to size. Play your way in or out.
                      Have a very blessed day!

Comment

It is ironic that in football the best team may not make it to the final game because too few teams are invited...
                        ...while in basketball the best team may not make it to the final game because too many teams were invited.

I printed off the conference standings and came up with about 28 deserving teams.
                        The regular season is devalued.
                        It's not whether you win or lose...
                        ...it's whether you make the playoffs.
                        I don't like cinderella stories.
                        I want to see the BEST play the BEST.
                        ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

I think March Madness is perfect. I can't imagine why anybody would want to screw with it.

Comment

Originally posted by IndyMichael
                            http://web1.ncaa.org/app_data/weekly...08MBBrpi1.html

341 D1 teams, 96 or even 128 isn't exactly letting everyone in.
                            I wonder how much better the 128'th best team is than the 341'st... Not much, I imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler
                              64 allows you to have three full weekends of basketball. Don't mess with what works.
                              We don't agree on whole lot, you and I (I like DST ) but we'll agree on this. March Madness is just the right length. Don't change nothin'.
                              You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X