Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big 10 (No) Network

Here I am on the road going down to watch a few Reds spring training games

Tonight I have been able to watch Alabama-Miss State, Xavier-St.Joe, Duke-Ga. Tech, Georgetown-W.Va. and all of those major conferences will have second games coming up in short time.

But no Purdue-Illinois and will be no IU-Minnesota on live television here in north Florida.

I have to wonder if this ends up hurting a number of Big 10 teams in recruiting football and basketball.

Originally posted by Matt-OTN
    Here I am on the road going down to watch a few Reds spring training games

Tonight I have been able to watch Alabama-Miss State, Xavier-St.Joe, Duke-Ga. Tech, Georgetown-W.Va. and all of those major conferences will have second games coming up in short time.

But no Purdue-Illinois and will be no IU-Minnesota on live television here in north Florida.

I have to wonder if this ends up hurting a number of Big 10 teams in recruiting football and basketball.
    Actually, I think the Big 10 may just benefit big time from having their very own network. In fact, I would be surprised if we don't see an SEC Network, an ACC Network, a PAC 10 Network and others in the fairly near future. I think the Hoosiers are getting more widespread exposure now than they did previously with WTTV (or whatever Channel 4 call letters are) doing the games not carried by ESPN or the major networks. Especially in football. Then again, I might be totally off base........which reminds me, I envy the heck out of Matt going to Florida for some spring training.
    Marv Fish

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X