• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riccar vacuum cleaners

Anybody have one?

Tell me about it.....
    http://danwheldon.shutterfly.com/

We've had ours since we bought our house 10 years ago and it still works great. If and when it ever dies, we'll get another one.
    Brian's Wish
    Artemis Images
    TrackForum Store
    TrackForum store 2

Comment

The Mrs. recently bought a Dyson DC17 & I gotta admit it's pretty cool.
      Center Grove Trojans
      2008 5A Football State Champs
      2015 6A Football State Champs
      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
      2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by 9rows
        Anybody have one?

Tell me about it.....
        We've had one for 12 years and even I can't kill it................
        SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
        " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Originally posted by dog-ring
          We've had one for 12 years and even I can't kill it................
          that seems to be the case based on the web research i have done.

it is time to replace our 8 year old oreck POS. needless to say, it will not be another oreck.

leaning towards the riccar radiance model. upright model, on board extension tools, 12 amp motor, lifetime belt warranty. and MADE IN USA ... which IS important to me.

thanks for the feedback guys.
          http://danwheldon.shutterfly.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector
            The Mrs. recently bought a Dyson DC17 & I gotta admit it's pretty cool.
            I have one of those too. I'll never buy anything but a Dyson from now on.

Comment

Electrolux....my wife wouldn't have anything else.
              All rides are bought. But occasionally the currency is talent.

Comment

We have a Riccar Vacuum at work. It is used to vacuum the walk off rugs both at the front door and leading from the shop into the service library and the SM's office. That vacuum gets used every day, 6 days a week.

My first impression of it was how quiet it is. Raymond says it still picks up the heavy dirt just as well and with as little repeat sweeping as when it was brand new.

Mrs 111 has informed me that our sweeper is getting weak and leaking dust. I believe that a Riccar will garner serious consideration.

I have read good reviews of the Dyson sweepers function wise but, every time I fiddle with one at the store it seems like latches don't release properly and some of the controls are illogical in their function. Made in China also puts them down the list for my consideration.

My sister bought an Oreck and says that she likes it. But, when asked if she would replace it with another Oreck the answer was a very swift, NO!
                Jim Naden Atlanta, Indiana

Growing Old Is No Excuse For Growing Up.

"When people get used to preferential treatment, equal treatment seems like discrimination"
                Thomas Sowell

Comment

My vacuum cleaner sucks.

Seriously. It's a very old Kirby that seems to be made out of solid metal. It used to belong to my great grandparents and it's probably at least 50 years old. It weighs a TON but it works better than any 10 modern ones. I call it FrankenKirby.
                  "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

I bought one of those Bissells at Walmart for around $50-60. It's run great for at least 4 years. The headlight doesn't work but who vacuums in the dark anyway?

In another year or so I'll buy another one for the same $50. I'll be into vacuums for $100 over the course of 8 years and I still won't have spent half the cost of a Dyson or one of those other exotics.
                    Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

Originally posted by Indyknut
                      In another year or so I'll buy another one for the same $50. I'll be into vacuums for $100 over the course of 8 years and I still won't have spent half the cost of a Dyson or one of those other exotics.
                      My mother in law was a skeptic about just how much better a Dyson was than her Hoover. My mother in law prides herself on just how clean she can keep her house. I took my Dyson over to her house. She vacuumed her living room with her trusty Hoover and then right after I vacuumed it with my Dyson. She about fainted when she saw how much dirt my Dyson pulled out of her carpet. That was all it took for her to purchase one.

Comment

Originally posted by Slim
                        My mother in law was a skeptic about just how much better a Dyson was than her Hoover. My mother in law prides herself on just how clean she can keep her house. I took my Dyson over to her house. She vacuumed her living room with her trusty Hoover and then right after I vacuumed it with my Dyson. She about fainted when she saw how much dirt my Dyson pulled out of her carpet. That was all it took for her to purchase one.

That's what happened here. We had a Hoover & my brother-in-law bought a Dyson. We used his after ours & were blown away. I guess the Dyson is known for its ability to get pet hair.
                        Center Grove Trojans
                        2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Originally posted by Indyknut
                          I bought one of those Bissells at Walmart for around $50-60. It's run great for at least 4 years. The headlight doesn't work but who vacuums in the dark anyway?

I wish my wife thought like you do.
                          Center Grove Trojans
                          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

I have one. I would recomend one to anyone. I have heard nothing but good things from others. Good suction, works great.

Comment

Dyson.
                              My only complaint is the putrid lavender colour.
                              Works great.
                              "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                              ~~Groucho Marx
                              I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X