Help for a PC graphics dunce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help for a PC graphics dunce

Looking for some assistance. My son wants to design his own IndyCar graphics on the IndyCar.com site and I don't have the slightest idea how to get him started. I've never messed with ANY pc graphics programs so some simple step by step instructions would be MOST appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    To a New Yorker like yourself, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Not exactly where you are with this as far as what you need:

You will need to download the template of the car (.jpg or .eps) you want to design around from indycar.com. Then add colors, logos, etc. in a graphics program such as Photoshop, GIMP, Fireworks, etc. These programs run the gamut as far as capabilities and price. You can even play around with the installed paintbrush program that comes with Windows.

It's difficult to explain step-by-step how to do something like this, or at least it is for me. Just you or your son give it a try, keep playing around with colors and settings within the software. You'll know when you've 'got it'.

Good luck, I think I'll play with a design myself and see what I can do.
    A ship on a voyage could sink in the deep.
    A ship in the shallow could crack on the reef.
    But only ashore is it safe where it is built
    And only ashore is it useless.

Comment

Thanks. I had a feeling it was going to be a trial and error type of thing.
      To a New Yorker like yourself, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Comment

Try Paint.net, it's basically a freeware Photoshop clone. Not as much to it as that or Paint Shop Pro, but it has similar functionality and is more than enough for a beginning user.
        "I kill for the code to disarm this mess..."

Comment

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X