Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

favorite driving tunes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • favorite driving tunes

    I'm going down to Eastern Illinois University to hang with a couple of friends for a weekend next month. The trip is three hours long, so I thought that I would start making a playlist. So far, I have these songs...

    Drift Away-Uncle Kracker
    Friends in Low Places-Garth Brooks
    Hemorrage (In My Hands)-Fuel

    Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    Understeer: you hit the wall with the front of the car.
    Oversteer: you hit the wall with the back of the car.
    Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
    Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

    Oversteer is when the driver finds his limits. Snap oversteer is when the limits find the driver.



  • #2
    I'll be driving three hours in two weeks to see Cheap Trick in Champaign, then again the next night in DeKalb.

    You can't go wrong putting in the boys from Rockford. Put in their epynonmous first album, "In Color," and "Rockford." Great stuff. You also can't go wrong with Pearl Jam, Soundgarden or The Beatles.

    Comment


    • #3
      I have made a compilation cd I call 70mph tunes...they 'work' really well above 70

      Rascal Flatts, Me and My gang
      Toby and Willie , Beer for My Horses
      Aaron Tippen, Kiss This
      Craig Morgan, International Harvester
      Mark Wills, 19 Something
      Alan Jackson, Whos Cheating Who
      JoDee Messina Bye Bye
      Kenny Chesney, Livin in Fast Forward
      Diamond Rio, Unbelievable
      etc...its about 70 minutes worth of country.

      Also get a good driving 'buzz' from John Mayer's Room for Squares.
      Anytime is a good time for Alice Cooper, the older the better!
      Stones Black and Blue...
      And my favorite 'local' band ( from Chicago) The Bad Examples.
      Last edited by Indy500fanatic; 03-12-2008, 10:42 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Kurt Cobain
        I'll be driving three hours in two weeks to see Cheap Trick in Champaign, then again the next night in DeKalb.

        You can't go wrong putting in the boys from Rockford.
        Pre or post Zeno???lol

        Comment


        • #5
          Radar Love by Golden Earring, circa 1973.

          Comment


          • #6
            "La Grange"-ZZ Top
            "The Mob Rules"-Black Sabbath
            "Panama"-Van Halen
            "Wango Tango"-Ted Nugent
            "Let There Be Rock"-AC/DC
            "Flirtin' With Disaster"-Molly Hatchet
            "Highway Star"-Deep Purple
            "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

            "If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

            Comment


            • #7
              Drive Satch
              The difference between right and wrong are as clear as night and day, but the color of justice is green. bFoOt

              https://www.facebook.com/rich.miko?r...2194600&type=3

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Indy500fanatic
                I have made a compilation cd I call 70mph tunes...they 'work' really well above 70

                Rascal Flatts, Me and My gang
                Toby and Willie , Beer for My Horses
                Aaron Tippen, Kiss This
                Craig Morgan, International Harvester
                Mark Wills, 19 Something
                Alan Jackson, Whos Cheating Who
                JoDee Messina Bye Bye
                Kenny Chesney, Livin in Fast Forward
                Diamond Rio, Unbelievable
                etc...its about 70 minutes worth of country.

                Also get a good driving 'buzz' from John Mayer's Room for Squares.
                Anytime is a good time for Alice Cooper, the older the better!
                Stones Black and Blue...
                And my favorite 'local' band ( from Chicago) The Bad Examples.
                You should add,"are you sure hank done it this way' The late great Waylon
                PAY NO MORE.
                Be there or be square.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Any and all Foghat
                  PAY NO MORE.
                  Be there or be square.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Indy500fanatic
                    Pre or post Zeno???lol
                    Post!!! I'm impressed you know. You are a true fan! Can you believe he's still making a career out of his "I'm almost famous" career? I have to admit I went to see him to see what could have been.

                    Good singer, but I'm glad they decided on Robin.

                    I always thought it would be a good idea for ex band members from famous groups to get together and see if they could create something.

                    Get Zeno, Pete Best (pre Ringo), Hiro Yamamoto (ex Soundgarden bassist) and Jason Everman (ex Nirvana, ex Soundgarden) and you'd have quite a lineup there.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Two quick mentions. But I'll probably be back with more.

                      Allman Brothers Band - Jessica



                      Sure, the video doesn't have Chuck Leavell, which is what made the studio version magical. But watch Derek slowly construct 2 distinct, burning solos. Damn.

                      Allman Brothers Band - Ain't Wastin' Time No More

                      "The face of a child can say it all. Especially the mouth part of the face" - Jack Handey

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I've long thought that any speeder should be given an extra 10 MPH on the speed limit if they can prove they were listining to the Allman Brothers at the time.

                        My all-time favorite driving tuen is "L.A. Woman" by the Doors.
                        I ain't quiet, everybody else is too loud.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Howlin' Wolf. You choose, they are all good, but I'll pick "Howlin For My Darlin" to start.
                          "Guitar Town" by Steve Earle
                          "Waterloo Sunset" by The Kinks
                          Any Buddy Holly tune

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by XR1000
                            You should add,"are you sure hank done it this way' The late great Waylon
                            I'm not really into the 'old school' country...I like the country-rock of today.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Kurt Cobain
                              Post!!! I'm impressed you know. You are a true fan! Can you believe he's still making a career out of his "I'm almost famous" career? I have to admit I went to see him to see what could have been.

                              Good singer, but I'm glad they decided on Robin.
                              Back in the day when I was doing sound and lighting I worked with Z on a number of occasions ( after Steve Grimm left Bad Boy, they became Bad Guys with Z on lead vocals.)
                              I still cringe when thinking about all those shows...lots of 'white' if you know what I mean..

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X