• Show
Clear All

• Jerks of the web

Anybody we know???

http://tech.msn.com/news/articlepcw....1895&GT1=40000

Jerks of the Web
    By Erin Biba, PC World
    1 | 2 | 3 | Next >

We've all run into obnoxious people on the Internet. But these are the kinds of idiots who make you feel like logging off permanently.

Scammers, stalkers, online antagonists ready to pick a fight, folks who are just plain mean -- what is it about the Web that turns people into jerks?

One expert says the anonymity of the Web makes everyone behave as if they were in Palm Beach in April. "Think about spring break, when people are feeling anonymous and acting in ways they wouldn't in their hometown, where they run into their neighbor," says Nicole Ellison, assistant professor of telecommunications, information studies and media at Michigan University. "People are less inhibited, and they then will engage in things they would want to do all the time but wouldn't normally because it would be frowned upon in their social circles."
    A New York University study found that subjects were more likely to express their true selves on the Net rather than in face-to-face interaction. If that's the case, the stories we've collected here may make you despair for the state of humanity. Meet just a few of the Web's aggravating trolls and irritating idiots.
    __________________________________________________ _
    www.dulcetroad.com

My Band's website!!!!

Originally posted by badart
    Anybody we know???
    Hmmmm........ let me think........ I can think of a place where alot of them like to hang out.
    For the record, I never had a problem with CART in 1995. Its when they turned beligerant twards IMS and their fans for supporting the IRL that turned me off them.

Comment

I know I get into flame wars from time to time, but only with a select few individuals. Confrontation is not actually part of my nature. However, I will stand up against gross ignorance or mean-spiritedness, especially when the location is worth protecting.
      No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Sorry, thought someone was calling a meeting...
        "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
        ~~Groucho Marx
        I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Originally posted by comfortably numb
          Sorry, thought someone was calling a meeting...

"present"

Center Grove Trojans
          2008 5A Football State Champs
          2015 6A Football State Champs
          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
          2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

I'm sure they are all kind and gentle folk at heart. Lacl of sleep caused by DST really can bring out the worst in people.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector
              "present"

Me too!
              "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
              ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Originally posted by Turn13
                Me too!
                Yep!
                Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X