Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacers' attendance is the lowest in the NBA

Go figure.

What's sad is the focus on the wins & losses.

I know there are some fans who support a winner no matter what but I believe Indy is full of fans who won't support thugs. Walsh claims he has done everything he can but the thugs remain on the roster. In fact the Pacers picked up another one right before the trade deadline.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Look on eBay, you can buy tix for .99, no kidding. The funny thing is that they end with no buyers.
    The difference between right and wrong are as clear as night and day, but the color of justice is green. bFoOt

https://www.facebook.com/rich.miko?r...2194600&type=3

Comment

1.) Character of players.

2.) Quality of professional basketball overall.

3.) Price.

4.) Competition from other local pro and college teams.

Not worth it, IMO.

Win-loss record isn't the reason I'm ignoring the Pacers.
      No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

TD, thought you would get a laugh from this Bill Benner column. According to him, you are a racist because you use the term 'thug.'

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/...C40&p_docnum=1
        It's hard to be cool when your dad is Goofy.

Comment

If it looks like a thug, acts like a thug, walks and talks like a thug......

I was amazed to see a photo in what they used to call "the society pages" of the Sunday Star of a small child on the lap on Marquis Daniels at a recent party Pacers held for season ticket holders. I can't imagine what kind of parents would want their child anywhere near someone best known for runj-ins in strip bars and hanging with an accused rapist.

No one was a bigger Pacer fan in their ABA days and in the Reggie Miller/Mark Jackson era but there is no way I'd spend my money or time to support this team today. It is sad how far this franchise has fallen in a relatively short period of time.
          It really IS all good!

Comment

I guess were the 2008 equivelant of the Portland Jail Blazers.

Comment

Originally posted by PDC
              TD, thought you would get a laugh from this Bill Benner column. According to him, you are a racist because you use the term 'thug.'

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/...C40&p_docnum=1
              For those having trouble with the link (as I was), you might try IBJ directly.
              "The face of a child can say it all. Especially the mouth part of the face" - Jack Handey

Comment

Thanks Rex. It worked initially, not sure what happened.
                It's hard to be cool when your dad is Goofy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler

3.) Price.

Not worth it, IMO.

IIRC, even during the 2003-2004 season (the season before the brawl where they made the ECF), they didn't sell out many games. More than now, but they struggled to sellout and had one of the best records in the league.

Just not a likable bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector
                    What's sad is the focus on the wins & losses.
                    Agreed. It has nothing to do with the record - and nothing to do with "fair weather fans".

Comment

pacers

why would we go pay to see them when we can just turn on the news and see them climbing into the back of a cop car. their record (in the NBA, not police) doesn't have to be good for people to go. But their ticket prices are crazy and I wouldn't support these people in any way cause of what they have done. I'm sure others feel like I do. And really, we live in the heart of basketball here. We can see college games with decent players for much cheaper and they don't have to worry about giving money to someone like the pacer's thugs.

Jason
                      I want chicken I want liver meow mix meow mix please deliver

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler

3.) Price.

Not worth it, IMO.

We must be in the same EXACT same Tiny World!!!

I agree completely!
                        Last edited by crispy; 03-11-2008, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MoparsRule
                          Agreed. It has nothing to do with the record - and nothing to do with "fair weather fans".
                          Although you still see the "... and we're not winning..." comments.

Buy a clue Simon...

Comment

...I'm with TD on this. I've have been a loyal Pacer fan dating back to the ABA days at The Coliseum. I've supported them through thick and thin, good and bad. However my loyalty has really been tested the past two seasons and this year is the first time ever that not only did I miss watching games on television but also purposely not watching a game due to lack of interest. And it's all because of the make-up of the roster.

The middle-to-late 90's up until just after the turn of the century saw the team that from the top levels of management down to the coaches and finally the players all showing and demonstrating a certain class that is lost in most sports these days. And the fans and city of Indianapolis responded with tremendous support and pride that likely will never be seen again, which is truely sad.
                            ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

It is made all that much more apparent when the other professional sports team from Indianapolis exemplifies "class"...

... and everyone knows it.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X