Southwest - No
    5.71%
    Canada - Yes
    0.00%
    Canada - No
    0.00%
    other
    0.00%
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    ~~Groucho Marx
    I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Hate It - I'd like it be dark before 9:00 in the summer (sometimes close 9:30). With two small children, it's really tough.

And I'm a golfer............

Comment

I can't find blinds anywhere.

I hate playing outside with my kids.

I want the local youth sports programs to pay extra money to light their fields.

I prefer sunlight at 5:00am.

I like being laughed at by companies considering relocating here.

I actually think springing the clock forward makes it hotter at 5:00 than it would have been at 4:00.
      Center Grove Trojans
      2008 5A Football State Champs
      2015 6A Football State Champs
      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
      2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector

I want the local youth sports programs to pay extra money to light their fields.

I actually think springing the clock forward makes it hotter at 5:00 than it would have been at 4:00.
        1. Blinds make the room dark, but my kids at least aren't fooled, they know it's still light outside and it takes them much longer to get to sleep.

2. It's light much past my kids bedtime, so dst doesn't have an effect

3. Play til it's too dark to see, then go home.

4. Don't know about 5am, but I prefer it's light out when my kids are at the bus stop.

5. In this this computer age, I don't see how it makes any difference what time we use.

6. Many people uses programmable thermostats. Say they get home from work at 5, the ac makes it cooler from then and works hardest til the sun goes down, so with dst it works on average an hour longer.
        Brian's Wish
        Artemis Images
        TrackForum Store
        TrackForum store 2

Comment

Uh, Michael...
          "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
          ~~Groucho Marx
          I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Originally posted by IndyMichael
            1. Blinds make the room dark, but my kids at least aren't fooled, they know it's still light outside and it takes them much longer to get to sleep.
            My kids go to sleep when I tell them to.

2. It's light much past my kids bedtime, so dst doesn't have an effect
            Lighten up, hard hat.

3. Play til it's too dark to see, then go home.
            Or give them a curfew

4. Don't know about 5am, but I prefer it's light out when my kids are at the bus stop.
            Do your kids stand in the street waiting on the bus?

5. In this this computer age, I don't see how it makes any difference what time we use.
            You work with smarter people than I did.

6. Many people uses programmable thermostats. Say they get home from work at 5, the ac makes it cooler from then and works hardest til the sun goes down, so with dst it works on average an hour longer.

What about the offices where they work?
            Center Grove Trojans
            2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

I can't find flood lights anywhere.

Everything outside stops when the sun goes down.

Local youth sports programs apparently can't handle sunset times in most of the country with similar sunset times as Indy did under EST/CDT.

Everyone likes to get up at the same time.

Phoenix is a ghost town because it doesn't observe DST.
              No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

What about the offices where they work?
                Yeah, everyone works in offices.
                No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

This is just ridiculous. If any DST-haters actually believed that, they are just in the same league as the people who actually think they get more sunlight under DST. I don't equate all DST supporters with that type of thinking, though, so let's just leave those arguments alone, okay?

Comment

My kids go to bed when told, when they fall asleep is entirely a different matter.

They don't stand in the street, but close enough, plus if anyone wanted to abduct kids, the cover of darkness works to their advantage.

I would assume it would cost businesses more as well.
                    Brian's Wish
                    Artemis Images
                    TrackForum Store
                    TrackForum store 2

Comment

Once again the mountain zone is forgotten...

I love DST... wish we'd keep it year round. Especially living in the eastern most part of the time zone where it gets dark a full hour earlier than it does in the western most part.

You guys in Indy are on western most part of the time zone, thus it gets dark 2 hours later on DST than it would in the eastern part on EST (one hour for the physical distance, one hour for the time change). Those of you who don't like it would probably like it better if you were in the Central time zone.
                      "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelP
                        Once again the mountain zone is forgotten...

I love DST... wish we'd keep it year round. Especially living in the eastern most part of the time zone where it gets dark a full hour earlier than it does in the western most part.

You guys in Indy are on western most part of the time zone, thus it gets dark 2 hours later on DST than it would in the eastern part on EST (one hour for the physical distance, one hour for the time change). Those of you who don't like it would probably like it better if you were in the Central time zone.
                        Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

The few benefits of DST can be had without the pointless switching twice per year -- especially if you're on the border between time zones.

We WERE on DST year-round: Central Daylight Time. But we called it Eastern Standard Time. Same difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler
                          Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Translated: He agrees with you.

Weren't you the one yesterday talking about how DST supporters treat the anti-DST crowd? Please tell me which side is rolling eyes and which side is debating.
                          Center Grove Trojans
                          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler
                            I can't find flood lights anywhere.
                            Floodlights run on electricity. Remember yesterday when you were concerned about the cost of electricity?

Everything outside stops when the sun goes down.
                            Higher probability of child abductions & kids getting hit by vehicles according to the anti-DST crowd.

Local youth sports programs apparently can't handle sunset times in most of the country with similar sunset times as Indy did under EST/CDT.
                            Oh, we handled it for years. We handled it by taking the money that could have been spent on the kids and instead spending it on lights. Do you realize what it costs to light a field?

Everyone likes to get up at the same time.
                            You're right...we don't. Would you like it if I lived next door to you & mowed my lawn @ 5:00am?

Phoenix is a ghost town because it doesn't observe DST.
                            People in Phoenix don't leave the house until the 2:00 senior citizen discount begins @ Ponderosa.

Center Grove Trojans
                            2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Translated: He agrees with you.

Weren't you the one yesterday talking about how DST supporters treat the anti-DST crowd? Please tell me which side is rolling eyes and which side is debating.
                              I never attack any individual or even any groups of people or call anyone names.

I do use sarcasm extensively. In writing, when I have a sarcasm icon available, I use it. You used sarcasm extensively in your first post of this thread, and I don't fault you for it. I just reflected it back at you.

TD, I have no problem with you.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X