Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has everyone survived? Please report in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has everyone survived? Please report in!

Expecting lots of casualties.

Fingers worn down to the bone from holding in "Time" while pressing "Fast"...

Tennis elbow from rotating the little black dial on the back of the wall clock...

Posttraumatic stress disorder from taking on the C H M buttons in the car...

I slept in a little later this morning.

Comment

Anyone know how to adjust a sun dial?

Rhetorical question. I don't have one.

"The human race does not have a very good record of intelligent behavior." - Stephen Hawking, The Universe In A Nutshell

Comment

Today is the second best day of the year.

Need I say which is number 1.

Ok the 500.
        www.fairtax.org

Comment

Check one two check check

Hello,
          I have not logged in for quite sometime I'm glad the bledification occured. Eric

Comment

I'm just happy that you golf-lovin', little leage'lovin', yard work lovin' and suntan-lovin' folks are so thrilled by "artificial time."
            My father-in-law was hospitalized yesterday and my wife told her mother that she'd be over to take her to the hospital to see him. My wife made the mistake of mentioning that the time would change today so he mother needed to "adjust" her clocks. Well, this put even more panic into an 81 years old that had enough panic on her plate.
            I'm sure that other senior citizens have similar feelings toward this silly time manipulation.
            Not effing with our clocks worked for over 30 years and it could work today.
            Thanks for you "time."
            Oh, and most of "time manipulators" are always "right."
            Have a very blessed day!

Comment

I always get a kick out of the people who claim how silly this is. Problem is, it was needed to keep us in sync with the rest of the country. We spent time in 2 different time zones, which creates confusion in many different ways.

Comment

Originally posted by TM1511
                I always get a kick out of the people who claim how silly this is. Problem is, it was needed to keep us in sync with the rest of the country. We spent time in 2 different time zones, which creates confusion in many different ways.
                So, we were out of "sync" for all those years?
                How in the world did we survive? And how does a city like Chicago survive in a different time zone?
                Have a very blessed day!

Comment

DST rocks.

Just need to change the clocks in the vehicles and I'm all set.

Comment

Originally posted by PHJIndy
                    So, we were out of "sync" for all those years?
                    How in the world did we survive? And how does a city like Chicago survive in a different time zone?
                    Chicago is on the same time RELATIVE to the rest of the country all year long. They are always an hour behind New York and 2 hours ahead of Los Angeles. Most of Indiana was on the same time as New York in the winter months and the same time as Chicago in the summer months.

One problem was TV. A show like American Idol that had the live results show at 8:30 eastern time was shown in Indy at 8:30, but it really was aired at 7:30 and the local tv station had to tape it and broadcast rebroadcast it. Same with the NBC nightly news, etc. However, when it came to sports, and they advertised from the network level, Monday night football, at 9:00, in Indy, the game started at 8:00 until the rest of the country changed their time in the fall and then it was 9:00.

You see, in Chicago, they know automatically that they are an hour behind eastern time. Add to it, nobody knew what time it was in Indiana, it was something that needed to be done.

Comment

Unfortunately, I took a nap yesterdat---I know...really bad day to do it.
                      Even after the arduous task of resetting clocks at my Dads,
                      I still didn't get to sleep until 3:00 a.m.

Yeah, I feel great...
                      ...Honey, where do we keep the fridge?
                      "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                      ~~Groucho Marx
                      I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Anyone heard from Ren

-cap

Comment

I'm going to enjoy sitting outside tonight having a chilled beverage in the extra daylight. I.......er......wait....it's still winter here in Wisconsin.....nevermind.....

Comment

Originally posted by TeamMcLarenF1
                            I'm going to enjoy sitting outside tonight having a chilled beverage in the extra daylight. I.......er......wait....it's still winter here in Wisconsin.....nevermind.....
                            Hmm... maybe we could roll the calender a month forward to spring...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-OTN
                              Anyone heard from Ren

-cap
                              As I said in the other thread, I'm not loving the idea of losing 2% of my weekend.

Although physically changing my clocks feels like an exercise in futility, that was never at the core of my argument against this nonsense.

BTW, I see a lot of people (including in this thread) who say that Indiana needed to observe DST to keep up with "everybody else." Well, that's an argument in itself. However, it does nothing whatsover to support the concept of DST.

It was a roughly 50-50 split for Hoosiers, and a lot of the argument surrounded the idea of keeping up with "everybody else." But if you polled all Americans who currently observe DST, I would be very interested in seeing the results.
                              No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X