Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golfer Kills Hawk

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...,7880171.story

I looked this one up because Tripp was on Golf Central telling his side tonight.
    Over and over he kept saying, "It was an unfortunate accident."
    And he took how many shots at this bird?
    What a jerk.
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    ~~Groucho Marx
    I have the hots for Khaleesi...

I went on an Audubon count earlier in the winter - I really didn't appreciate what amazing creatures raptors are in the wild. But of course, I don't understand why a person would kill in that fashion anyway.

That was no accident, and he is a contemptible jerk.
    #BCForever

Comment

He is a scumbag.

And the fact that nobody else in the film crew had the moral fiber to stop him makes them all scumbags too.

Comment

Who makes the decision that a hawk has more right to life than a deer or trout?

I don't agree with killing animals for sport period, but I don't understand the uproar when hunters kill animals all the time...?

Comment

The link doesn't work for me.
          Center Grove Trojans
          2008 5A Football State Champs
          2015 6A Football State Champs
          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
          2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

He's a spoiled little ass and nothing more. Fine the snot out of him and give the money directly to the bird shelter. Any money wasted on a trial or investigation is just stupid. The bird shelter can use the coin, the guy will gladly pay to "bury" the incident behind him and everyone moves on.
            Dan Schlosser
            Go fast, turn left !
            www.tracksideonline.com

"Count all your blessings, just don't keep score...."
            Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

Read that he apologized, said he is an animal lover (riiiiight ) and asked that people respect the privacy of his family. Hey, no one would know or give a rat's patoot about this bozo's family or him either if he hadn't pulled this depsicable stunt. What is he.....529th or something.....on the tour.
              Marv Fish

Comment

Originally posted by crispy

I don't agree with killing animals for sport period, but I don't understand the uproar when hunters kill animals all the time...?

I'm curious to hear answers to these questions.
                Center Grove Trojans
                2008 5A Football State Champs
                2015 6A Football State Champs
                2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

The Hawk he killed was a protected species. And Hunters know what they are doing and are licensed to do it and there are limits on how much they can do it.
                  "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

The last time I went hunting no animals wild, endangered or otherwise were harmed. I did manage to kill a couple of empty whiskey bottles on the fly. I now call hunting "walking around in the cold for no good reason."

But the people who make these decisions are us, the citizens of this country, most of whom recognize the need to protect certain species from eradication, particularly when it can be prevented. Most hunters I know support this thinking. But there are some that disagree, however they are bound to follow the laws anyway or suffer the consequences. There is a small minority of people that protest hunters killing any animals, but most people don't complain about that.
                    Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

Obviously, he wasn't smart. But I'd really be surprised if he WAS trying to kill it. I'm sure he was trying to knock one near it, and scare it away. Even if he was trying to kill it, how do you prove it when he's HITTING GOLF BALLS AT SOFTBALL SIZE TARGET FROM 75 YARDS AWAY.

If he was trying to kill it, and he did, he ought to be on that commercial for the PGA. (sorry)

If he had run out on the course and beat a whooping crane to death with his putter, that is something different.

"Unable to sleep and haunted by dreams of hurt animals, Senger told wildlife officials what happened. Investigators exhumed the bird, and it is being preserved in Ocala in case it's needed for trial." - I'm sorry this is too much. Any time any court spends on this is a travesty of justice.

Comment

Originally posted by turnrightgoleft
                        Obviously, he wasn't smart. But I'd really be surprised if he WAS trying to kill it.
                        Other stories I've read had witness accounts quoting him as saying something to the effect of "I'm going to get him this time!"
                        "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

I certainly have not lost any sleep over one frigging bird!

Is this really news? With all of the things going on in the world, this is so trivial...

Does it mean he scored a birdie???

Comment

Personally I feel that while he hit balls toward the bird under the guise of trying to hit it, realistically I don't think he intended or expected to actually hit or injure it. That being said, he did kill it, and should face the punishment of that action.
                            "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

sure hope his car doesn't breakdown in the desert...
                              Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X