3:10 To Yuma.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3:10 To Yuma.

The one released last year. Anyone seen it? Probably one of my top 20 of all time. I thought it was fantastic. Christian Bale is a damn fine actor.

I enjoyed it. Don't know sure where it rates, but it's definitely one of the best westerns done lately.
    Life's too short to worry/Life's too long to wait
    Too short not to love everybody/Life's too long to hate

"There are a number of very knowledgeable and entertaining race fans here. There are also a number of morons. Your job is to figure out which is which." - Rev-Ed

Comment

Hve not seen the new version. I have seen the one released about 40 years ago and it was not bad.

My new fav movie is No Country For Old Men. Spectacular. It comes out on DVD next week
      www.fairtax.org

Comment

Thought it was great. It got my 14 year old hooked on westerns.
        Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Comment

Originally posted by damilt
          Thought it was great. It got my 14 year old hooked on westerns.
          My girlfriend remarked "I don't like Westerns". She watched the whole thing and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by lutesk
            Christian Bale is a damn fine actor.
            You need to check out "Rescue Dawn"
            "You see Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniRacer
              You need to check out "Rescue Dawn"
              Thanks Illini, will do. Just googled it and it looks good.

Have you seen "The Machinist" and "American Psycho"? Bale is great in both.

Comment

Let's not forget Batman Begins.
                It's impossible, that's sure. So let's start working.- Phillipe Petit

Talent borrows, Genius steals. - Pablo Picasso

Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all.

Comment

The Machinist is fantastic, the way he transformed himself for it was quite scary, and he basically did the same thing again for Rescue Dawn.

American Psycho is too strange for me.

I haven't seen 3:10 yet, but I'll probably get it when I get my tax money, I've seen the original too many times to count.
                  "Ninety-two years ago [the Indy 500] was probably like any other race," said 2005 winner Dan Wheldon. "But over time it's just created so many storylines and history for people of our generation that now it's just massive. People value that history and tradition and you just can't take that away."

Comment

I'll give it **** out of ****

Comment

He always has been.

"Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

I saw this a week ago. It's definately a good flick. And I agree, Christian Bale is a damn fine actor. But, I would have to say my favorite western is 'Tombstone'. "I'm your Huckleberry."

I also watched 'The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford'. It was pretty good too. Anyone else seen it?

Comment

Just watched 'The Wild Bunch'...it got rave revues back in 1969...saw the 3:10 to Yuma a couple of months ago...too much Sam Peckinpah style reliance on violence for violence sake...the theme was lost in both movies for that reason...my opinion...

Comment

The one released last year. Anyone seen it? Probably one of my top 20 of all time. I thought it was fantastic. Christian Bale is a damn fine actor.
                            Yes, and I agree. I thought it was a great movie.

I had a thread up here about the movie a few weeks ago but a search did not locate. Wonder if it went way off track and got deleted?

on edit - I found it. Here is what I had to say then:

i rented it last night. i liked it. i might have to watch the original from the 50's one of these days.

interesting story about a man's efforts to redeem himself in the eyes of his family.

i thought the guy (ben foster) who plays russell crowe's sidekick did a great job with his character.

not up to par with unforgiven (my personal favorite western), but definitely worth renting if you are looking for a way to kill a sunday afternoon before the racing season starts.

worst part ... the two main characters are played by furriners ... so some here on TF may want to pass on it.
                            http://danwheldon.shutterfly.com/

Comment

yep

He's been in some excellent movies.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X