American Idol 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Idol 2008

Anybody else watching this year? There's some real talent in the group this year and they come from a fairly eclectic background.

Didja hear that one of 'em was a full nudity stripper in Arizona? It wasn't the one I was hoping for...
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

I watched for the first time last night as it was what the wife was tuned into.

That Abdul broad was tanked. The other judge kept having to hold on to her chair and at the end had to grab her arm.

I won't be watching anymore of it, to be sure.
    ...---...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Chiszar
      I watched for the first time last night as it was what the wife was tuned into.

That Abdul broad was tanked. The other judge kept having to hold on to her chair and at the end had to grab her arm.
      No doubt.

I won't be watching anymore of it, to be sure.

I'm sure you won't but it's funny how everybody says that yet it gets 30,000,000+ viewers every night it's on.
      Center Grove Trojans
      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

We used to watch only the first round to see the really bad auditions.

But this year, there are two Hoosiers competing in the final 12, so we've been watching. I used to think the show was pretty stupid, but it's a bunch of young people working hard to do their best.

I like the rocker chick from Mulberry, IN, and the wife likes the little 17-year-old kid who sang "Imagine" last week.
        No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector

I'm sure you won't but it's funny how everybody says that yet it gets 30,000,000+ viewers every night it's on.

Point taken...
          ...---...

Comment

Kristie Lee Cook and Kady Malloy are very talented.

Comment

-cap -cap -cap -cap -cap
              "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
              ~~Groucho Marx
              I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

What season is this in now? 6th? 5th? I dunno....

Seems that even a metal head like me knows a bit about this shows personnel that have been through the ranks. Kelly CLarkson and Daughtery. Im not into them, but Ive heard their music, dont especially care for it , but its making its rounds....
                The difference between right and wrong are as clear as night and day, but the color of justice is green. bFoOt

https://www.facebook.com/rich.miko?r...2194600&type=3

Comment

Season #7. I watch because my wife loves the show and I earn brownie points with my bride for watching with her.

Honestly, this isn't the "best group of talent ever on the show" or whatever that line is Seacrest keeps spouting. Some decent, some pretenders.

The 17-year-old mentioned above will either win or go on to sell more albums that the person who does win.

The biker chick from Mulberry, Indiana is not on my list of favorites. Her stock rebel-type persona isn't impressive enough and her singing sounds like a lot of impressions -- forced.

The guy who did the alternative version of Lionel Richie's "Hello" last night is making a run. This is all about standing out. So far all the girls who stand out seem to stand out due to having less ability than the others.

JMO. YMMV.
                  "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

No doubt.

That means 90% of the population isn't watching
                    That would include me - never watched a single episode.
                    "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

Yeah, but we love American Idle threads.
                      "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                      ~~Groucho Marx
                      I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Originally posted by jkg
                        Kristie Lee Cook and Kady Malloy are very talented.
                        Yes, they are. It's just a shame they can't sing.

Up here Ryan, my eyes are up here

"Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob." - Federalist 55
                        “My first reaction as a race car driver was to jump out of the car and use the Foyt technique of driver development - grab him and pound some sense into him.”
                        "Make way. I'm Reaganing."

Comment

Originally posted by Lemming51
                          Yes, they are. It's just a shame they can't sing.

Up here Ryan, my eyes are up here

I'm with you on the first one but the second one looks like she's pizzed at the world. It's funny, though, when she gets slammed by Simon & they cut away to her boyfriend who looks like he's ready for a fight.
                          Center Grove Trojans
                          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

I'm with you on the first one but the second one looks like she's pizzed at the world.
                            Angry types can be fun for a while.

Kady should just imitate Britney all the way through. She'd probably last longer.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X