Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Byrd
    replied
    Well, I didn't have much choice on the hot slaw... it is basically shredded cabbage cooked in water til it is tender and mixed with some mayonnaise. It's not hoosier, but it's good old Southern poverty food (i.e. food fixed when you have nothing else left to eat). If the inclusion of that invalidates the 'loins, sorry then.

Leave a comment:

• badart
    replied
    Zoomie, that one threw me as well. The others are definetly Hoosier, though. :tg

Leave a comment:

• Walter Zoomie
    replied
    Originally posted by Red Byrd
    ...hot slaw...
    No, I think not.

I am assuming you are talking about the creamy mayonnaise(sometimes vinegar) based/shredded cabbage and carrot vegetable type food product served chilled/cold...

As a life-long Hoosier, brought up by life-long Hoosiers, I have never heard of "hot slaw."

Please reconsider.

Leave a comment:

• 9rows
    replied
    ...and it is cold now too.

highs in the uppers 50's/low 60's earlier this afternoon. probably about 34 now.

yup, that's indiana for you!

Leave a comment:

• indyracefan
    replied
    ...that would've been a very appropriate meal here today. You would've felt right at home today here in Indy, just like a day in May with mild temperatures.....and it's rained all day and all evening!

Leave a comment:

• Red Byrd
    started a topic Yall would be proud of me...

Yall would be proud of me...

I was thinking the other day about how I missed Indiana.

Thus, tonight, for supper, I had pork tenderloins, potato salad, hot slaw, and fried biscuits with apple butter.

Yum!

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X