DELL VOSTRO 200 MINI TOWER
    Intel Pentium® Dual-Core Processor
    Genuine Windows XP Home Edition or Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic
    1GB memory*
    160GB* hard drive
    DVD-RW drive
    Includes 19" widescreen flat panel monitor

Featured at: $ 379
    $30 to upgrade to a 20" wide screen flat panel.

The problem lies with the shipping... it's $140 to ship to Indiana & I'm not paying that.

Any of you computer types have a better deal for me out there?????

Thanks!

I got the same email today. Not really a bad deal but I would make sure any system you get has at least 2 gigs of ram and the xp windows version. I know too many people that have problems with vista, even on systems that came new with Vista installed. Shipping seems really high (unless it is overnight) must be how they are making up for low price.
    I hate it when people compare Senna with god . . . I mean he is okay, but come on he isn't Senna. . .

Comment

there are plenty of deals at Best Buy and Circuit City - notebooks in the $450 - $600 range along with desktop systems as well - with better specs than this

get 2gb (or you can upgrade as well pretty cheaply) and do not get a Celeron processor - Core Duo us good Core 2 Duo better - AMD is ok as well

I would also say spending a very little more makes a big difference - $550 - $700 will get a lot more performance and features

also try MicroCenter and Fry's along with Office Depot - CompUSA.com is now mail order only and is part of TigerDirect.com who both have pretty decent deals

last you can try ubid.com and clearanceclub.com if you want refurbs or new closeouts

Comment

persoanlly I would not worry about Vista - while there are some who have issues the vast majority will have few problems - try for Vista Home Premium which ahs a few more features

also many manuf are offering XP downgrades if you find you really don't like Vista

Comment

I work for a software company and we're all using XP because Vista was too much of a pain in the butt for us. In my opinion it's just better than Vista or at the very least it's no worse. Even if I don't have tons of "problems" with Vista there's no reason for me to switch.
          Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the Keenest of them all?

Comment

I don't disagree - but when you are buying a new single computer you have few non-Vista choices - if you say today I want a new computer with XP you greatly limit your choices - and since Vista - for the avg user - is stable and works no sense limiting choice

Originally posted by StatMan
            I work for a software company and we're all using XP because Vista was too much of a pain in the butt for us. In my opinion it's just better than Vista or at the very least it's no worse. Even if I don't have tons of "problems" with Vista there's no reason for me to switch.

Comment

Originally posted by MoparsRule
              I need a new computer for my father, and I got this via email today:

$30 to upgrade to a 20" wide screen flat panel.

The problem lies with the shipping... it's $140 to ship to Indiana & I'm not paying that.

Any of you computer types have a better deal for me out there?????

Thanks!

Thanks for the input everyone - I ended up getting this unit w/o the shipping charge - totaled $433.54.

Dad is pleased.

Comment

Costco has some nice looking HP Laptops for under $700.00 I noticed recently.

I didn't study up on the details while walking through the store, but first blush said it was a decent unit.
                We flipped our finger to the King of England
                Stole our country from the Indians
                With god on our side and guns in our hands
                We took it for our own!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X