X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Obvious Says: Mick Jagger is a "power freak"

Jagger a 'power freak', fellow Stone Richards says
    Feb 27 07:15 PM US/Eastern
    Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger is a "power freak" who is also a "bit vain", bandmate Keith Richards said in an interview set to be published Thursday.

Speaking to Uncut magazine in an interview to promote a Martin Scorsese documentary about the band, "Shine A Light", the guitarist also said he would have told his younger self to "lay off" drugs.

"Mick's a maniac. He can't get up in the morning without knowing immediately who he's going to call," the 64-year-old Richards said.

"Meanwhile, I just go 'Thank God I'm awake' and wait for three or four hours before I do anything. He is a power freak and there's nothing we can do about it. I don't want to do anything about it. Let him bugger about. It doesn't make any difference to what we do."

Addressing Jagger's on-stage presence, Richards told the magazine, "Excuse me while I laugh. He's a bit vain, let's put it like that," before adding: "We want a vain bloke up there, don't we? Meanwhile, the band can go to work. Vanity will not carry a band. But a band can carry vanity."

Richards was also asked what message he would want to send to his younger self, to which he responded: "I'd have said 'Lay off the dope.' That's my advice now to all younger members who are into this sort of thing -- oh, give it up, it ain't really worth it.

"I know the fascination, but it ain't worth it, pal."

In the interview, he also belittled Led Zeppelin's December one-off reunion gig, telling Uncut: "They had one? Well, well done Jimmy (Page) and Robert (Plant). F**k off. Stairway To Heaven don't make it for me, baby."

No way Mick - never even crossed my mind that Mick might be a bit of a "power freak".

Hey, at least Jimmy Page uses all six strings, mate.
    "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Fury
      Hey, at least Jimmy Page uses all six strings, mate.
      Don't need six strings when you're playing ROCK, man!!
      A book fell on my head, and I only have my shelf to blame.

Comment

One thing I have always thought was cool about Keef's style was the fact that he didn't just play the notes with his hands. You know "Start Me Up?" A lot of that lose groove comes from him bouncing his guitar off his knee as he plays it. You can hear it: "You start me up"-BONK!
        "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Keith Richard. Isn't that the same guy who said Brittney Spears should get her life back in order.

Comment

Tune it in open G, drop the low E string and you're ready to rock and roll, Keef style.
            “With the help of God and true friends, I come to realize
            I still got two strong legs, even wings to fly
            I ain’t wastin’ time no more...”

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X