Future IRL Tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future IRL Tracks

I love the IRL and the Indy 500 but please dont drop anymore ovals.. without adding one back to the schedule.. Its bad enough that there are only 11 ovals on the 2006 schedule.. BTW no more boring street parades unless its Toronto or Long Beach..

Concerned Fan

No more boring street parades unless it's Monte Carlo!

Comment

I'd take San Antonio as a venue.
      Last edited by doitagain; 11-08-2005, 08:43 PM.
      But that's just my opinion!

Comment

God, no more street races. Please, in the name of all that is holy.
        You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Please note that the potential promoter for San Antonio is also working on a oval track for the area, so I'm guessing a street first until the track is completed.

For god's sake let the track not be a 1.5 D-shape Kansas-Texas-Kentucky-Nashville clone. Something different with shallow banking and a straight front stretch...and don't let NASCAR reconfigure it like they did Homestead! Ugh!

Comment

If we put up about 12K in temp seats (men, it can be done!) would we consider a show at the 'Plex? Hey, they used to run 43 Winston Cup cars there...can ya just imagine a 22-24 car IRL show? You think Richmond is exciting? You ain't seen nothin!
            You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

It's a little short but the new Iowa Speedway looks conducive to an IRL show. Probably another Richmond.
              Dwight Clock

Comment

Originally posted by ThingsThatExplode
                God, no more street races. Please, in the name of all that is holy.

...I'm with ya brotha!
                ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by SportscarBruce

For god's sake let the track not be a 1.5 D-shape Kansas-Texas-Kentucky-Nashville clone. Something different with shallow banking and a straight front stretch...and don't let NASCAR reconfigure it like they did Homestead! Ugh!

...something like Phoenix. :mad:
                  ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

as someone who jumped on board as a fan last summer I'll also chime in with a more ovals request!!!!

Comment

I say do away with Infineon, Watkins Glen, and St. Petersburg all together and go strictly back to ovals. The IRL was founded strictly to speedways and it should keep its long tradition to make it unique from the rest. And before the bashing begins, I am not a Nascar fan.

Tracks to add:
                      Nazareth
                      California
                      Gateway
                      Charlotte
                      Atlanta
                      Las Vegas
                      Pikes Peak
                      New Hampshire
                      Dover

Make the season 20 races long

As an absolute IRL freak, I hate having to wait sometimes three to four weeks in between races. Once the season starts, make it every weekend, excluding Easter and Mother's Day (give an extra week of prep for the Indy 500)

...and while we are on the subject of things to make the IRL better. Get a license agreement with Codemasters to start up the IRL games again. This would help the sport take off with the young generation, and give us IRL freaks something to do for fun, to make us feel like we are as good as they are, LOL. LOL, and one more thing, make the PS2 version this time on NTSC as well.

Comment

Uh .... about adding Nazareth and Pikes Peak .... might not be such a good idea.
                        "You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
                        -John Morley

Comment

Uh .... about adding Nazareth and Pikes Peak .... might not be such a good idea.

Yeah.....closed race tracks with the grand stands gone probably aren't great venues.

Don't think Dover or New Hampshire would work the second time around.

But I think Vegas & Atlanta could work & they are v/important markets.

I love the 1.5 mile tracks. And Texas is so different from Kansas & Chicago, but they all put on great shows (& draw crowds).

I grew up loving (& still do) AMA flat tracks. And, I think about everything except Santa Fe & the Astro Dome were flat 1/2 or 1 mile ....usually horse tracks at fairgrounds. And the miles at Springfield & Sacramento were magic.

I think Homestead is 100 x better now than the old layout (& safer too...the angles on crashes were terrible on the original 'Little Indy' layout).

They called them 'Hills' or 'The Boards' but Indy Cars developed & grew up on banking. IMS is the greatest, but Texas may be the most compelling track I've ever seen. First time at Texas in 1997, Tony Stewart & Buddy Lazier ran several laps side-by-side & WOW ! ! It was stunning, spectacular & I was totally hooked.

Richmond is great, the new bull-ring in Kansas sounds neat, but I think the only thing wrong with Indy Cars on 1.5 mile banks is not enough people have been exposed to them yet.

Just one opinion. But St. Pete is fun & fine with me too. And, as a practical matter, the 'Monaco' like backdrop makes it perfect for corporate entertaininig & in the 'sponsorship' calender, it's a critical time of the year.

---

The United States Army Times http://www.militarycity.com/valor/honor.html

Comment

I didnt know that those two closed down. It would be nice to get California and Atlanta back. With the new layout at Las Vegas, that would be cool. Gateway and Dover would be good additions too.

Comment

I didnt know that those two closed down.

Hey CaptHowdy. If you do not know minutia, like the grand stands being

packed up at Pikes Peak, I'd say it's a very good sign of your state of mental

health. Maybe you even have a life.

Anyway, sure California would be great, but 100,000 empty seats is a

shocker & downer on TV. Minor Curling Matches draw more than IRL at

Fontana.

The idea of Indy Cars as a Sat night race before the Sunay taxi snoozer

would be great. But, maybe too great for NASCAR's comfort level.

-----

The United States Army Times http://www.militarycity.com/valor/honor.html

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X