X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc Austin
    replied
    Originally posted by bever911
    I would suggest that we'd also combine CC, F1, Sports cars..........
    Ahh, no, no, no. The Sportscar forum's where to cool people go to hide from the other guys. They'de never post somewhere as cool as a sportscar forum.

Leave a comment:

• hikari
    replied
    Originally posted by flatlander_48
    NO relationship with sports cars, MotoGP or the various Touring Car series. I don't see how all those could be lumped together.
    While I agree on a sporting level they have little in common, what they do share on an "indy-centric" board such as Trackforum is that they are all relatively 'low traffic' when it comes to posters. While in a perfect world you could have an individual forum for every catagory of racing on the planet, just for basic housekeeping reasons it makes sense to combine some of them. One thing about the those people that do post on the sportscar forum and love that type of racing (such as Doc Austin) is they seem to be the ones that watch nearly all forms or auto racing and are quite happy to talk about anything that has wheels on it.

Leave a comment:

• flatlander_48
    replied
    Originally posted by hikari
    well because the 'split' is still alive and well its best that CC stays in its own forum. Also F1 has some good discussion. But to merge Sports cars/A1/masters/motoGP/touring cars/thingswith wheels that race - into a "global tracktalk forum" I think would be a good idea.
    That sounds like apples and oranges to me. A1-GP and Grand Prix Masters have some relationship in that they are both open sheel, spec series designed to show off the drivers. However, beyond that there is NO relationship with sports cars, MotoGP or the various Touring Car series. I don't see how all those could be lumped together. CCWS and the IRL would be closer in concept and operation than any of the above.

Leave a comment:

• cleanupcrew
    replied
    sounds like a good idea to me hikari - and it is refreshing to see someone talking about enjoying the sport for a change too

Leave a comment:

• hikari
    replied
    slightly of topic but related;

Also, as we had a few funny threads in Spiltsville thanks to Doc Austin about slot cars (there seems to be a few fans/collectors here) make the "Racing Sims & Games" forum into "Racing Sims & Slot cars forum". My Dad would probably start posting here then. lol.

As we have so much here on TF that is contentious and polemic, (split, politics etc) that is pushes folk into different camps, my favorite thread here are the ones where every tends to agree. The latest forum added to TF is like that "Thanks for the Memories ..... " - we all agree - but its of a 'sad' nature too. TF also needs some more postive 'race related' subject matter and when we talk about stuff like Nigel, Emmo and Eddie at the masters, A1GP, Valentino Rossi being his wierd self, attendance at Artin Raceway, the 1/24 & 1/32 slot car split - sort of puts the 'fun' back into the forums. (i know it fun to argue as well, but you do need balance in all things in life)

anyway - just my 2 cents (which does not amount to much if you look at the $AU to $US conversion rates)

Leave a comment:

• Turn13
    replied
    I could see that

Good point re: The Split, too. The mods need a way to keep the participants "organized" on a series-by-series basis, in some cases, or some folks would end up being totally excluded because they can't play well with some others

Leave a comment:

• hikari
    replied
    well because the 'split' is still alive and well its best that CC stays in its own forum. Also F1 has some good discussion. But to merge Sports cars/A1/masters/motoGP/touring cars/thingswith wheels that race - into a "global tracktalk forum" I think would be a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• bever911
    replied
    I would suggest that we'd also combine CC, F1, Sports cars, and NHRA in an "other racing" category. They doesn't seem to be enough discussion of news in any of these series to support their own forum.

Leave a comment:

• Sybil D. Sobydianz
    replied
    Good point. Let's discuss it.

Leave a comment:

• hikari
    started a topic new forum for series not covered on TF

new forum for series not covered on TF

With A1GP and the GP masters series looking like they will be quite successful there is no where really here to discuss them. Just wondering if its worth makeing a general racing catagory for all the series that are not covered here (that forum could cover MotoGP, Superbikes etc too).

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X