X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aportinga "welcome" ;-)

[split from San Antonio thread - CuC]

Originally posted by SportscarBruce
    LOL isn't that weird. A former CART CEO and the IRL hand in hand.

Even more strange is a poster who ridiculed this former CEO and blasts street racing now embraces it.

Last edited by cleanupcrew; 10-28-2005, 02:42 PM.
    Some people are like a Slinky .... Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile
    when you shove them down the stairs.

"Even more strange is a poster who ridiculed this former CEO and blasts street racing now embraces it."

Indeed it is...a lot of that going around these days...

Comment

Originally posted by aportinga
      Even more strange is a poster who ridiculed this former CEO and blasts street racing now embraces it.

Some people are intelligent enough to change their opinions as they learn, grow and mature. Other people are stupid and cling to their beliefs no matter how much times change. Bruce is smart enough to be able to do that and to riducule him for it probably places one in the later catagory.

And, oh, yeah...................
      "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Austin
        Some people are intelligent enough to change their opinions as they learn, grow and mature. Other people are stupid and cling to their beliefs no matter how much times change. Bruce is smart enough to be able to do that and to riducule him for it probably places one in the later catagory.

And, oh, yeah...................
        So I should expect some sort of deep-rooted apology addressed to Kevin Kalkhoven, ChampCar and her fans to be posted over at SPEED indicating that Bruce was wrong... That through thoughtful insight and forward thinking he's determined that in fact Street Races are not so bad.

Doc could you please PM me when he does this with the link because I have learned not to waste too much time with this sort of non sense.

Better yet, I'll PM you with every pointless jab he makes on SPEED about ChampCar + street racing and you send me all the "I was wrong" "I changed my perspective because I have learned to, grow and mature and we'll see whose box fills up faster.
        Some people are like a Slinky .... Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile

Comment

aport, if you want to get political and/or personal about it there is another thread in the Splitsville forum for just that reason. You must have seen it.

Comment

No one is getting political or personal.

SCB - if you want to rant on for 2 years about how bad Street Racing on another board you shouldn't expect to not be called out on it here when the same format is utilized by another series - one which you prefer.

It's not a comment with regard to politics nor is it personal... It's about consistancy.

I mean did you not think anyone was going to mention this? I understand that this is in your back yard and that - that is probably the reason why you are so giddy about it.

Just please make up your mind and follow that in the future - that's all I ask.

And BTW.... I did not see that. I come here first as it is on the top of the heap (so to speak).

Comment

BTW...Please take note of a handful of other comments I have made that have pointed blame and concern towards CART, ChampCar and F1. I am by no means neutral in this battle but I am not one sided and purely subjective towards my prefered tastes either...
              Last edited by doitagain; 10-28-2005, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Austin
                No kidding. I didn't expect any
                Please explain more in a PM - If I was out of line I will extend my apology. And for the record I no longer post at a hand full of boards. In fact SPEED (IMO) is the second worst board on the web because of the heavy flaming - second only to the old RPM boards. Therefore I rarely post there anylonger.

I no longer post at ChampCarFanatics either - but that is due to other issues.
                Last edited by doitagain; 10-28-2005, 11:20 AM.

Comment

BTW...Please take note of a handful of other comments I have made that have pointed blame and concern towards CART, ChampCar and F1. I am by no means neutral in this battle but I am not one sided and purely subjective towards my prefered tastes either...
                  God golly,aport,do you really think that none of us ever use the rest of the internet?
                  Please don't make me go back and dredge up your posts from Atlas or your favourite hate site.You were one of the worst,most hateful IRL bashers around.Now,I see no problem with that,as I loathe CART nearly as much ,but trying to come across as some sort of balanced,objective observer must make many here more than a little incredulous.

Don't you feel a bit of a hypocrite to suggest that others do not share your new-found objectivity?
                  ...the spice must flow.....

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Kimble
                    God golly,aport,do you really think that none of us ever use the rest of the internet?
                    Please don't make me go back and dredge up your posts from Atlas or your favourite hate site.You were one of the worst,most hateful IRL bashers around.Now,I see no problem with that,as I loathe CART nearly as much ,but trying to come across as some sort of balanced,objective observer must make many here more than a little incredulous.

Don't you feel a bit of a hypocrite to suggest that others do not share your new-found objectivity?
                    What a load of horse ****... You are essentially equating me to the radical fans who post nonesense just to stir the pot... People like YFDS and so on. I'll admit to ripping apart some people who are fans of the IRL but I tend to always specify 'some'.

Have I started nasty threads here or at Holan? When was the last thread I started at SPEED which even came remotely close to the sort of crap that the radicals on both sides post? Link them please...

Quite frankly RK I think you should put your money where your mouth is. I'd like to see a direct comparison between myself and other 'haters' of the web. It's gonna take awhile for you but you seem to feel rather confident and as the accuser you bare the burdon.

And as far as my "new found-objectivity".... There is nothing new about it. I have friends on both sides of the fence as well as on it. Do you? Are you able to post on an array of boards with the same handle and have decent conversations? Heck I have been posting far more here and at Holan's site then anywhere else.... Far cry from CCF or Speed.

Next time do your homework.

Comment

What a load of horse ****... You are essentially equating me to the radical fans who post nonesense just to stir the pot... People like YFDS and so on. I'll admit to ripping apart some people who are fans of the IRL but I tend to always specify 'some'.

Have I started nasty threads here or at Holan? When was the last thread I started at SPEED which even came remotely close to the sort of crap that the radicals on both sides post? Link them please...

Quite frankly RK I think you should put your money where your mouth is. I'd like to see a direct comparison between myself and other 'haters' of the web. It's gonna take awhile for you but you seem to feel rather confident and as the accuser you bare the burdon.

And as far as my "new found-objectivity".... There is nothing new about it. I have friends on both sides of the fence as well as on it. Do you? Are you able to post on an array of boards with the same handle and have decent conversations? Heck I have been posting far more here and at Holan's site then anywhere else.... Far cry from CCF or Speed.

Next time do your homework.

You asked for it,pal.Check back in awhile.
                      ...the spice must flow.....

Comment

Remember.....

I think you should put your money where your mouth is. I'd like to see a direct comparison between myself and other 'haters' of the web
                        So you'll get people like YFDS and at least one other person.... right... And I am not just speaking in terms of 2-3 threads....

Comment

I only post at Trackforum, because it is the only place on the internet that I have found where you can have a positive discussion about IndyCar racing with fellow fans of the series.

Comment

Originally posted by jdessar
                            I only post at Trackforum, because it is the only place on the internet that I have found where you can have a positive discussion about IndyCar racing with fellow fans of the series.

Unless...oh, nevermind.

...---...

Comment

Originally posted by jdessar
                              I am a fan of a hand full of races - ovals.... You and anyone else can see this on Dick Ralstin's latest thread... Additionally I am and always have been a fan of Indy.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X