Think this is okay but not sure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turn13 View Post

Sounds like my daughter's dog. Smart though. Highly trainable. Won't touch his food in the bowl or a treat in front of him until my grandson says "good boy". Can scale a six foot stockade fence. My wife swears he understands English.
    She's a very good dog NOW(she's 3), but we had work really hard when she was little. She didn't ever destroy anything besides soft toys, but she was very stubborn, very barky, and couldn't "turn it off" when it was time to lay down. Once everything clicked though she was a dream.

And she definitely understands English, and even a few commands in Spanish that my neighbor taught her.

Comment

Originally posted by Sybil D. Sobydianz View Post

You said it was about NASCAR being politically correct - in this case, giving the call to a black driver. The fact is, it was about racism, implied, imaginary, reverse, or whatever, as the preponderance of media coverage elsewhere confirmed.

Please don't start political posts, correct or otherwise. Also, please don't insult other members. Thanks.
      Okay. But I got accused of racism. Who did I insult?
      Center Grove Trojans
      2008 5A Football State Champs
      2015 6A Football State Champs
      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
      2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by RHR Fan Always View Post

I can understand why you've thought that. NASCAR in the past has been absolutely staging crap to help prop up drivers, such as phantom cautions, ignoring rules for 1, but not others... I'm looking at you Dale Jr. But Monday at Talladega, I watched that telecast, and I don't get the sense that this was anything but the right call. track was getting lost again, losing daylight, they were past the halfway point, and it was time to call the race. If anything, ***** about the finish on Saturday with (Let's Go) Brandon winning the race, when it appeared still light enough out to keep racing.

Congrats to Bubba on his 1st win.
        I posted it before the race was called.
        Center Grove Trojans
        2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

On topic, I have had two golden retrievers and my nephews currently have two. They are beautiful and awesome dogs. Probably not the smartest but they are great.
          Center Grove Trojans
          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post

Okay. But I got accused of racism. Who did I insult?
            You did a little broadbrush chacterization of "libs" as somehow devious or malign, don't recall the exact words. Very similar in maliciousness to the insinuation of racism made against you. Tit for tat, as well as totally predictable, and a good example of why we don't have political discussions here anymore.
            There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

Lib is just short for liberal. It’s not pejorative and not in the same galaxy as being accused of racism.
              Center Grove Trojans
              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Right, but it was the way you characterized them with broadbrush negative traits that was insulting.

Comment

You did a little broadbrush chacterization of "libs" as somehow devious or malign, don't recall the exact words. Very similar in maliciousness to the insinuation of racism made against you. Tit for tat, as well as totally predictable, and a good example of why we don't have political discussions here anymore.
                  TD completely mischaracterized my point. I was not accusing him of racism, as I don't believe him to be a racist.

What I DID say is that there would be no outcry (and here's where I failed to accurately make my point), IN GENERAL about what happened had it not been Bubba as the winner. Nobody would have cared if Justin Haley was leading, because nobody threw a fit when it happened the first time. Nobody threw a fit when Almirola won that way or countless others. It suddenly IS a problem because of this particular winner. Suddenly logic and time and common sense have gone out the window when looking at the facts.

The reason it's a big deal THIS time is who won. TD took that as I believe he's racist, which is categorically false.

What TD continues to miss is, when they called the race there was 3 hours and 2 minutes until sunset.

When they called the race it was raining and it continued to rain for at minimum 30 minutes, since it was still raining as Bubba walked to the trophy ceremony and from it.

That leaves 2 hours and 30 minutes. It takes 2 hours and 30 minutes to dry the track. So they could have waited 30 more minutes (as he apparently wanted) to call the race and the outcome would have been the same, Bubba would have won, because it was still raining. If they had waited another hour (as he apparently wanted) to call the race the outcome would have been the same, Bubba would have won because it had continued to rain.

And for the record, even though I don't believe I am a "liberal" I frankly have zero problem being called a "liberal" as opposed to what passes for a "conservative" these days, so that wasn't an insult in my opinion.

Comment

Yeah, but I don't want to talk about it.

Comment

Yeah, but I don't want to talk about it.
                      Mums the word. And I still like lotus.
                      Center Grove Trojans
                      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Well then, try this on and get funky.

Well, I talk about it, talk about it
                        Talk about it, talk about it
                        Talk about, talk about
                        Talk about movin'
                        Gotta move on
                        Gotta move on
                        Gotta move on
                        Won't you take me to
                        Funkytown?

Comment

I'm at Second Turn Town.
                          "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                          ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Originally posted by Turn13 View Post
                            I'm at Second Turn Town.
                            Say hello to the Mayor.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X