No announcement yet.

Today's Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We used to have a section named in honor of a member who is no longer with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Sybil D. Sobydianz View Post
      The Insider forum access is still based on member status.
      I had no idea... Had never tried to enter, just assumed I'd know if I was eligible. Just checked and sure enough, I can get in! But with the most recent post being from May...why?

Comment

Originally posted by window View Post
        Since it looks like the CE Forum went poof, why is there still a requirement to log in to see Today's Posts 'Forum'? If there are no longer
        restricted forums, why should I have to log in? I can still see every post by inefficiently viewing each Forum. Asking for potential friends.
        Still not working?
        There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

One must still log in to see Today’s Posts. I never realized that the lnside Track was restricted. If something intrigued me there when l was logged in, l read it. Never made the distinction.
          "The Internet. Where fools go to feel important" - Sir Charles Barkley

Comment

Still hoping Current Events returns...would keep stuff from filtering into off topic (and immediately getting nuked)....
            Casually looking at some other 'CE' discussion boards, we are more civil here (though that may be 'daming with faint praise')
            BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

I miss CE but am now forced to discuss racing much more in order to interact with my internet friends.

Comment

I miss CE as well.
                RHR: "I'm a proud American boy right now!" -2014 Indy 500 Victory Lane

Comment

It is what it is .
                  Miss some stuff, don’t miss some other stuff.

When I read my news sources now I imagine how the “conversations” on the topic would go down and the back and forth between posters. Playin’ those mind games forever is almost like being here buttcept no one is askin’ the moderator to delete someone else’s bonehead, totally incorrect and ignorant posts.

Cheerz to all. Well, except that one guy…

“I shall return.”

Comment

I dunno. There's a couple posters that I'm actually starting to like again.
                    Center Grove Trojans
                    2008 5A Football State Champs
                    2015 6A Football State Champs
                    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Doctorindy View Post
                      Another sports message board I frequent recently closed their Off-Topic area- permanently. Not unlike the one here, it had become a cesspool of rather vicious Twitter-level tit-for-tat. They updated their 'mission statement' so-to-speak for the forum as a whole, and went as far as basically banning all non-sports related discussions. Not surprisingly, several posters disappeared.

The CE forum here has seen better days. I had a self-imposed ban on posting there, and I can probably count on one hand how many times I posted there in the past year or so. Though I would read it a lot, what I saw mostly was trolling, and braggadocio, and fellas seemingly interested in merely padding their post counts.

Since I've met a number of posters at the track, I'd rather TF be about racing and IndyCar. Deleted the CE and never bring it back----then see who we never hear from again. There's plenty of other places to go for politics discussions.
                      Completely agree. Dump it for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpenter Pole View Post
                        We used to have a section named in honor of a member who is no longer with us.
                        Yes, and that's the one thing that's missing. Tell you what: MY name is on the OT section. What say we swap my name for that of Heywood? I think that would be more than appropriate.
                        You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

I think we should name the Off-Topic after Squaw Valley.
                          "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                          ~~Groucho Marx
                          I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Palisades Tahoe Off-Topic?

Doesn't really have a ring to it ...

Comment

How about "Mestaa’ėhehe" ?

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2021/09/...hern-cheyenne/
                              "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

I still see the Today's Posts button as always. Anyone notice any other differences since the last update a week ago or so?

The "copy-n-paste" cursor went from blue to green in Firefox.
                                Last edited by Sybil D. Sobydianz; 09-23-2021, 06:18 PM.
                                "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                                ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X