What forum does SRX fall under

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What forum does SRX fall under

First SRX race, and im not sure where the comment forum should go.
    Where are the Indy 500 winning cars? Visit -> http://inrd.gotdns.com/indystuff/

I'm open to suggestions, additions, revisions, combinations...
    There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

Circle tracking? It's own?
      Where are the Indy 500 winning cars? Visit -> http://inrd.gotdns.com/indystuff/

Comment

Didn't we have an IROC forum oh so long ago?
        It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

For now, I think NASCAR is the best place for it because that's where the thread has been since it was announced. Dirt/Circle Tracking makes the most sense on paper, but I think the interest in SRX is too widespread around the forum that you'll end up having redundant discussions of SRX if it isn't in a higher traffic subforum.

I also think it is appropriate to discuss SRX in any other subforum if the discussion is about that series. So, tracking Kanaan, Castroneves, and PT in SRX via the IndyCar Series forum, to me, makes sense. I've seen it done for the Rolex 24 or Bathurst 1000 or other events with IndyCar drivers represented. But general SRX discussion would be quite weird over there. And obviously SRX fits in Racing Biz at times.

If the series lives to a second year, and I sure hope it does, I think a separate SRX subforum would be fun. But it might be too early to create one because it's just a six-race schedule and there's not a lot that happens outside the races themselves during the actual season.

Personally, I think the bigger deal for moderators is how aggressive you want to be in merging all the discussions into wherever's appropriate. There are a bunch of threads discussing SRX pretty generally right now. You could easily merge the big 19-pager in the NASCAR section with some of the ones in the main subforum on IndyCar, I think.

But I've been banned from way more forums (4 or 5) than I've moderated (1), so...
          Scott Speed was third fastest in FP2 at the 2007 French Grand Prix.

Comment

Maybe create its own section? It's like a different version of IROC, it has drivers from many different disciplines and is racing on both dirt and pavements. Maybe it should get its own dedicated section.
            RHR: "I'm a proud American boy right now!" -2014 Indy 500 Victory Lane

Comment

NASCAR

Comment

Where was it moved to?

Comment

SRX is in the Indycar forum. This where the discussions take place. Dogring is sparse at best. We don't even waste the time bothering to start race threads anymore, because everything under the NASCAR banner sucks.

Dale Junior couldn't even spell SRX and acted like he never heard of it on the last download. He didn't see it. Junior went camping.

I am sure that directive came down from NASCAR and CBS.

They can't possibly allow Junior anywhere near it.

Therfore, Indycar is the best forum for it.

It is only 6 races 6 weeks in a row. It will be gone from our collective minds in very short order.
                  "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

It's about gone from my mind now. I'll watch just about any racing, but I need it to be some semblance of a real series with real competition. What I saw on Week 2 was the owner of SRX sandbagging all day, then winning comfortably. That's not racing.

Comment

It should be in NASCAR. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Remi View Post
                        It's about gone from my mind now. I'll watch just about any racing, but I need it to be some semblance of a real series with real competition. What I saw on Week 2 was the owner of SRX sandbagging all day, then winning comfortably. That's not racing.
                        Did you see the battle for second heat up, allowing Stewart to pull away? I don't think he was sandbagging.

Back on topic, maybe it should just stay in the Indycar forum I guess, for reasons pointed out by Unzerdog
                        RHR: "I'm a proud American boy right now!" -2014 Indy 500 Victory Lane

Comment

He keep dropping back to keep them in the battle after Bloomquist spun to the back. It was all quite silly.

Comment

Marco won the heat race. Paul Tracy led a bunch . Helio brought it home in 3rd. Helio is 2nd in points.

This belongs in Indycar.

As long as Smoke keeps starting at the back, it keeps things interesting.
                            "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

And if you don't like it, then post in the Dogrings thread.

If if you don't like that, then you can post in feedback.

No matter what, the sun will rise in the east and it will continue to set in the west.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X