Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the reply window just three lines high?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is the reply window just three lines high?

Am I missing a user adjustable setting? It's a huge PITA to make replies to threads when I have to deal with a three line high window against the keyboard. Everything I write and pictures I post require endless scrolling, and highlighting text to italicize is impossible.

I curse you under my breath every time I visit the forum. I told you Xenforo was better.
    Last edited by rrrr; 09-10-2019, 04:31 PM.

They did it for me, I lose interest in a reply after 3 lines.

Comment

I never noticed.
      There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

Huh. Mobile, too

Comment

Bingo found it: see that cluster of dots in the middle of the bottom of the frame? Hover your mouse cursor over that, and you can re-size it.

I haven't figured out the trick to do it on an android phone, yet.

Comment

It doesn't persist as a default, but it works when you need it.

It actually works anywhere on that bar, not just in the middle where the pattern of dots are.

Comment

It does seem to persist as long as you're on that thread page.

Comment

You could do that with the previous versions of vBulletin as well. I've been doing it for years.

Comment

I thought it was Eight Miles High...

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
                  I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

The issue is when I'm phoning it in. I'll try my desktop and see what I can change.

Comment

Here's another issue: About every other time I go to paste something in, it won't 'take' unless I use the quote button. When I go to add a link at the end of a post, I have to put it into a quote box, paste it in and then delete the quote text before and after the link.

90% of my posts are from Windows desktops.

Comment

Just post every other time!
                        "Loyalty to petrified opinions never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul in this world — and never will." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke View Post
                          Here's another issue: About every other time I go to paste something in, it won't 'take' unless I use the quote button. When I go to add a link at the end of a post, I have to put it into a quote box, paste it in and then delete the quote text before and after the link.

90% of my posts are from Windows desktops.
                          I haven't experienced that.

It just "works" - I right click and paste, the content appears, embedded hyperlinks and all.

Windows 10, windows 7, android; chrome, firefox, edge and IE.
                          "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                          ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Okay, here's an example. I went to CNN, found a story on the iPhone 11. Copied the link.
                            If I go to paste it in by right click, paste is not an option until I click on one of the boxes above.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/11/tech/...els/index.html

Once I click on any of them, I can paste.

Comment

As soon as I click on a text editing window, I can right-click and paste.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X