Is the old history gone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the old history gone?

I was searching for and old topic and can't find what I'm looking for. Is all the old history gone?

The threads and posts are there, the search doesn't find them. The database needs re-indexed. We have submitted a trouble ticket on it.

I'm confident it will be resolved, in time
    There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

Originally posted by doitagain View Post
      The threads and posts are there, the search doesn't find them. The database needs re-indexed. We have submitted a trouble ticket on it.

I'm confident it will be resolved, in time
      Please tell me you folks didn't go all MySpace on us
      "Versions of a story that are more tidy, compact, and camera-ready should generally be viewed as historically suspect." - Jackson Landers

Comment

I hope not
        There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

We have been un-personed, I think.
          "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H.L. Mencken

Comment

I've never been able to get good searches in Trackforum.

This format usually produces good results when entered into a Chrome browser address bar. Maybe it works in other browsers:

site:www.trackforum.org username keyword1 anotherkeyword anotherkeywordetc
            Racing ain't much, but workin's nothing. Richard Tharp

Lying was a no-brainer for me. Robin Miller

"I thought they booed [Danica] because she was being a complete jerk, but then they applauded for A.J. Foyt. Now I'm just confused."

The real world sucks. Ed McCullough

Comment

Any progress on this? I am updating the Indy 500 Infoguide and there are numerous old thread links in it. Until search is working again will place a notice "link to be updated" on all the Trackforum threads in the Infoguide.
              Barney Oldfield - AJ Foyt - Jim Clark - Dan Gurney - IMS - IMS YT - INDYCAR - INDYCAR YT

Comment

I also tried to find an old thread a couple days ago...

...and nothing.

These things shouldn't take so long.
                The minimum safe following distance on the road is two seconds, no matter how important/skilled you feel you are. This doesn't change if you think the person in front of you is driving too slow. These truths are non-negotiable.

Comment

In the future, it won't.

Right now, the forum isn't properly indexed. I have full confidence that it will be, but the people who can do that are backed up, and their first attempt was incomplete. But we are in the queue.

In fact, the old forum (up to March 12) will eventually be restored "as it was" on trackforum.com, in a read-only format, too, but with the search engine intact as well.

For those who may remember, we originally started 19 years ago, using "ultimatebb". Some concessions were made within a year, when we moved to vBulletin. We have since been through three servers and four different versions of vBulletin. The latest move was to yet another server configuration, and a new Cloud platform.

The export / import in SQL wasn't perfect, but we didn't lose anything. There will need to be some more SQL updates to fix things, but it will take time.

Those of you with project management experience understand the project management triangle - resources, time, and quality. Since we don't want to give up on quality at all (in the long run), and since resources are limited, that necessarily means time must be extended.

I appreciate your patience as well as your participation. Nobody wants the system fully functional more than I do.

If you have a special request for a thread to be found, feel free to PM me and I will do my best for you. I have a list of my own, yours may be on it

You may also find some classics already restored in the Articles section, a component that has been lost for about six years.
                  "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                  ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Originally posted by STAND E View Post
                    Any progress on this? I am updating the Indy 500 Infoguide and there are numerous old thread links in it. Until search is working again will place a notice "link to be updated" on all the Trackforum threads in the Infoguide.
                    I'll start a project to go through that thread and replace those links. Thanks for the reminder.
                    "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Originally posted by atrackforumfan View Post
                      I've never been able to get good searches in Trackforum.

This format usually produces good results when entered into a Chrome browser address bar. Maybe it works in other browsers:

site:www.trackforum.org username keyword1 anotherkeyword anotherkeywordetc
                      Good tip. May not work on threads not touched lately, but still

Brian's Wish

Comment

Originally posted by Turn13 View Post

I'll start a project to go through that thread and replace those links. Thanks for the reminder.
                        Thanks much. All the links are marked with "link to be updated" so you can remove the notice when you update it. Or let me know here when search is working and I will update everything. I also know a very good webmaster for hire if needed. pm me if you want to get a quote.
                        Barney Oldfield - AJ Foyt - Jim Clark - Dan Gurney - IMS - IMS YT - INDYCAR - INDYCAR YT

Comment

Working...
                        X