Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priority List for Forum Fixes

Maybe we need to prioritize:

1) smileys (we know what to do; just need an hour or so to do it.
    2) Fix "Like" button; unknown
    3) Create "TF Classic" style; 3,4, 6 hours?
    4) Sort out New Posts / Today's Posts / New Topics buttons on navbars, add to mobile style; unknown
    5) Flip domain on TrackForum.COM; setup new email server; make sure everything is pathed correctly to FTP; two / three days
    6) Troubleshoot some users not being able to login in; unknown
    7) Why can't some users see "Style Chooser" menu?; unknown
    8) "Ignore" not working?
    9) What else?

I don't see a style chooser option but the ignore function is working better than ever.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

The ignore list is setup under your profile (click on your own name, to the left), then click "Edit Settings", then click on the Account tab, and go to the bottom of the page.
      "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
      ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Originally posted by Turn13 View Post
        The ignore list is setup under your profile (click on your own name, to the left), on the Account tab, bottom of the page.
        It appears you have to manually enter a user name into the Ignore list, rather than having it in a drop down menu.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post
          I don't see a style chooser option but the ignore function is working better than ever.

Where is the style chooser supposed to be? Either I haven't found it, or I don't have it.
          I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

I kinda miss that one notification that I never read before it was terminally stuck in my box for me to see every day. It was like that one friend that was always here to greet me. Can I have it back? It always told me I was number 1.

Comment

The search function only brings up polls. That's weird.

Comment

I think I can fix that

Comment

Originally posted by debdrake View Post

Where is the style chooser supposed to be? Either I haven't found it, or I don't have it.
                  Lower left corner of the page, left of the (English) language chooser.

Comment

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but I miss the multiple page buttons that showed below the thread title when it went to multiple pages. It was an easy way to go to the latest posts.
                    "The track will choose who's going to win."

Tony Kanaan

Comment

Originally posted by jp View Post
                      Sorry if this has been mentioned, but I miss the multiple page buttons that showed below the thread title when it went to multiple pages. It was an easy way to go to the latest posts.
                      What he said!
                      I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

Agreed one hundred percent. On the "old" forum it was easy to go to whatever page you wished in a given thread simply by clicking on one of the page number icons that appeared to the right of the thread's title. With things as they are now you have to first enter the thread on page one and then scroll all the way to the bottom of that first page in order to find the page number icons to click on the last page icon to see the latest posts. It dramatically complicates what was previously a very simple process.
                        Last edited by Spike; 03-15-2019, 12:36 PM.
                        "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

I get the "new topics" option when I go to the "forums" link but not when I go to one of the forums.

The thread info includes who started the thread but not who made the most recent post. My propensity to open a thread is greatly influenced by who made the most recent post.
                          Center Grove Trojans
                          2008 5A Football State Champs
                          2015 6A Football State Champs
                          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                          2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

I agree. Working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post
                              I get the "new topics" option when I go to the "forums" link but not when I go to one of the forums.

The thread info includes who started the thread but not who made the most recent post. My propensity to open a thread is greatly influenced by who made the most recent post.
                              On both "New Topics" and "Today's Posts", on a regular, non-mobile screen, don't you see the last post "by" and timestamp on the right of the screen?
                              There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

Working...
                              X