Read-only fields on the Profile tab of the User Settings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read-only fields on the Profile tab of the User Settings

In both Firefox and Chrome, the last two items on the Profile tab of the User Settings page are read-only.
    The Please confirm email field contains my previous address from over a year ago, which I cannot change to match the correct one on the Account tab, but it didn't seem to matter.
    The are-you-a-bot question had 500 pre-selected and wasn't changeable either.
    For bonus points, the help text for the email address says "we know we've asked you to enter it twice alreadt, "

I tried to edit my profile settings (the homepage of my website changed about three years ago) and when I went to update it said I entered an invalid birthday. But it won't let me change my birthday. Like the above post it is read-only. Using Firefox. Any ideas?

Comment

Same problem, cannot change anything because of the invalid birthday, which cannot be changed. Subscribed threads notifications take me to a page that vBulletin says I do not have permission to access.

Comment

I'll fix it this evening.
        There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

Originally posted by shooter View Post
          Same problem, cannot change anything because of the invalid birthday, which cannot be changed. Subscribed threads notifications take me to a page that vBulletin says I do not have permission to access.
          Okay, yours is fixed. Next?

Comment

The birthday is still wrong at 04-10-2000 and is not an editable field. Hitting "Save Changes" does now appear to work without an error coming up so that is something. Thank you for all the effort.

Comment

We'll get it fixed eventually, I'm sure, but I don't want to usurp the support tickets already in the system for the Search function and a database error we are seeing.

Then there's the ability of everyone to see the images, for Registered members to be able to post them, and for political junkies to flag problem posts.
              "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
              ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

When we started this 19 years ago, we decided not to enable registrations under age 13. To help "cover our butts", we required a valid birthdate to be entered. I guess we should just not require them, but if requested, we will update any by request, with either an actual birthdate or "1-1-2000" if you'd rather not share it. Just use the "Contact Us" button below.

I apologize for the inconvenience.
                "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Working...
                X