Post counts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post counts

When you moved to the new board, my post count dropped way down. I had far more posts than I'm currently shown with. The same thing happened the last time you reorganized the board. Just curious--what gives?

IRLybird

I believe the explanation was that we lost some of the very first months and those posts. That's how I went from top poster to #2 or #3.

There could have been more to the explanation, but I don't speak "Geek" so I couldn't understand it.
    "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

Originally posted by rev-ed
      I believe the explanation was that we lost some of the very first months and those posts. That's how I went from top poster to #2 or #3.

There could have been more to the explanation, but I don't speak "Geek" so I couldn't understand it.
      I have a fair grasp of geek, so I'll try and explain. VB software is able to scan each post when the changeover happened and include or exclude according to relevance, accuracy and repetiveness. Some people will see a drop according to how good their previous post's were. I saw absolutely no drop in my count, while others did.
      Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

...I noticed I had lost some 300 posts on the switch too.

Something I just now noticed is that we all lost our member #'s in the switch too. I was kinda proud of mine as I was #46, registered July 22, 2000.
        ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by trac-champ
          I have a fair grasp of geek, so I'll try and explain. VB software is able to scan each post when the changeover happened and include or exclude according to relevance, accuracy and repetiveness. Some people will see a drop according to how good their previous post's were. I saw absolutely no drop in my count, while others did.
          ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X