• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's still not funny to me.

I still miss Fueler.
    Last edited by 9rows; 10-14-2010, 07:02 PM. Reason: because i can
    http://danwheldon.shutterfly.com/

It's disheartening that good, well-meaning, connected members have dwindled while self-absorbed, mean-spirited, condescending [email protected]$$'s have increased.
    ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by indyracefan View Post
      It's disheartening that good, well-meaning, connected members have dwindled while self-absorbed, mean-spirited, condescending [email protected]$$'s have increased.
      Yep!
      Have a very blessed day!

Comment

It's quite obvious to me who to ignore and who to "play" with here at TF. I still have fun most of the time. I don't let downer people pull me with with them, and it goes the same for the real sh/t heads around here.

What really puts a burr under my saddle are those that no longer come here telling me how bad TF is.:mad:
        ...---...

Comment

Originally posted by cheeseczar View Post
          What really puts a burr under my saddle are those that no longer come here telling me how bad TF is.:mad:
          Ironically, you could be describing Fueler.

As for me, I still come here and still think it is a pretty good place.

Comment

Originally posted by indyracefan View Post
            In fairness to the mods here, Fueler left after a confrontation with an azzwhole who the mods thereafter permanently banned.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken-Paul View Post
              In fairness to the mods here, Fueler left after a confrontation with an azzwhole who the mods thereafter permanently banned.
              That's the trouble with the Internet. It's an "azzwhole" magnet. Anonymity and freedom are toxic to some.

The moderators of this board do a profound job of keeping it reasonably sane.
              "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
              --Danny Noonan

Comment

Originally posted by skypigeon View Post
                Not as much as the members do, though
                "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

That's the trouble with the Internet. It's an "azzwhole" magnet. Anonymity and freedom are toxic to some.

I agree. My comments weren't directed at the moderators at all. Most of the members here despite their feelings on the series are decent and respectful. There's a few though that seem to think they're God's gift to racing and message boards and act as if everyone is below them.
                  ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by 9rows View Post
                    I still miss Fueler.
                    in my tf infancy, fueler was my favorite poster to read.

Comment

I agree. Most of my posts that they deleted I would've done the same.
                      "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Ken-Paul View Post
                        That whole situation was bizarre. I'll never understand how someone can let one idiot drive them off. The entire TF community was calling out the poster in question, and he was subsequently banned. Yet somehow Fueler felt it was necessary to somehow punish everybody else for the one idiot. To each their own. I enjoyed Fueler a lot and hope he comes around again, but that whole thing seemed to me to be nothing more than a giant hissy fit.

Comment

it was a weird deal

but i can see how someone who cares about this sport and just wants to hang out with like-minded people would eventually get to the point that the frustration of dealing with a few idiots just isn't worth it any more

and to echo what "skypigeon" said....this IS the best moderated board i have ever participated in
                          http://danwheldon.shutterfly.com/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X