"Page # of #" oddity when using New Posts button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Page # of #" oddity when using New Posts button

I don't think this has been asked before -- apologies if it has -- but I've noticed a quirk when I come to TrackForum and use the New Posts button.

I usually only log on once a week or so, and thus there's usually quite a few threads with new posts in them. It will bring up the most recent threads on page 1, and provide a list of other page numbers to click on, with a heading "Page 1 of 5" -- just like you'd see in any multi-page thread.

The quirk is that when I click on the "2" or the next page arrow, it'll now show me "Page 2 of 6". Next time? "Page 3 of 7". Then "Page 4 of 8." Usually, it'll settle down at around 8 or 9 pages total. What seems odd to me is why it can't "know" up front that there are 8 or 9 pages of new posts, and rather says that there's 5....no, wait, 6.....no, I meant 7.....um, I guess 8.....oops, I meant 9.

This has been happening consistently since the upgrade (this summer?).

Has anyone else noticed it? Is there a change I can make on my end to resolve it?

Not a huge issue; just curious.

Only so many pages are listed for you to see. When you elimiate a page, another in the line shows up.

Comment

Originally posted by NoviVespa View Post
      Only so many pages are listed for you to see. When you elimiate a page, another in the line shows up.
      I know that it will only show me several page numbers to click on at a time, but the text heading "Page 1 of 5" is what I'm curious about. If there are 9 pages of new posts, why say I'm on page one of 5?

This same bug doesn't occur on multi-page threads, where the functionality is essentially the same. If I open a 12 page thread, it will say that I'm on "Page 1 of 12" -- as it should.

If there happen to be 12 pages of new posts, shouldn't it also say "Page 1 of 12" -- not "Page 1 of 5" (followed by "Page 2 of 6", "Page 3 of 7", etc.)?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X