Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gonzo's latest rant

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    I'm suprised at the high marks .... Sure when you consider just having a race is better than no race it all it gets the "6" so many seem willing to just give

But if you had to rate the worst race of the season a 1 and the best a 10.... Then motegi has got to be in the 1-3 range ...... IMO of coarse
    I agree completely. When these silly little polls pop up, I'm typically rating based on the season.

The fact that this race seems to be getting a mediocre score is pretty damn pathetic cause it means the majority of fans here seem pretty accepting of a terrible race.

How on earth can anybody think that race was a good race? A mediocre race? It was horrible. I gave it a 2. It was brutal. There was not one redeeming thing about that event and if you have to run all the way down the mid to lower positions on the track to find something good to say about the race then a light bulb should be going off in your head.

Have you guys gotten so complacent and accepting of horrible racing that you just take whatever you can get????

Porscheman? Come on dude! Respect man, lots of it , and you give it a 5? A 5 man? Why? Cause it was better then watching late night poker?

I can't even begin to comment on the guys that gave it a 7 or 8. If that was a seven or an eight, what was Iowa? A ten? You gonna tell me that Motegi was nothing more then two points difference between it and Iowa?

Here, I'll sprinkle a bit of sugar over top of this post, I'd hate to ruffle any of the complacency around here.

And let's not forget the man crush I have on Helio! I'm not biased. Helio and Penske rock. That race sucked large.
    "Try some of these before or after your statements if you are not presenting them as facts. Things like - "In my opinion", or "I think that", JHMO, IMHO, IMO, JMO... Your opinions are not (necessarily) fact. That would clear things up some." - Seadog 03/25/2010 11:40am So the above is JMO.

Originally posted by doitagain View Post
    I expect most rate these events on the scale of their lifetime experience - especially since we don't wait
    'til the end of the season to do so, Ken.

1's - 3's are usually pretty sad.
    On their lifetime would only make the score even lower. What did you rate it at Doitagain?
    "Try some of these before or after your statements if you are not presenting them as facts. Things like - "In my opinion", or "I think that", JHMO, IMHO, IMO, JMO... Your opinions are not (necessarily) fact. That would clear things up some." - Seadog 03/25/2010 11:40am So the above is JMO.

Comment

Originally posted by gonzo View Post
      I agree completely. When these silly little polls pop up, I'm typically rating based on the season.

The fact that this race seems to be getting a mediocre score is pretty damn pathetic cause it means the majority of fans here seem pretty accepting of a terrible race.

How on earth can anybody think that race was a good race? A mediocre race? It was horrible. I gave it a 2. It was brutal. There was not one redeeming thing about that event and if you have to run all the way down the mid to lower positions on the track to find something good to say about the race then a light bulb should be going off in your head.

Have you guys gotten so complacent and accepting of horrible racing that you just take whatever you can get????

Porscheman? Come on dude! Respect man, lots of it , and you give it a 5? A 5 man? Why? Cause it was better then watching late night poker?

I can't even begin to comment on the guys that gave it a 7 or 8. If that was a seven or an eight, what was Iowa? A ten? You gonna tell me that Motegi was nothing more then two points difference between it and Iowa?

Here, I'll sprinkle a bit of sugar over top of this post, I'd hate to ruffle any of the complacency around here.

And let's not forget the man crush I have on Helio! I'm not biased. Helio and Penske rock. That race sucked large.
      It all comes down to one's opinion. Some enjoy things differently and for reasons others don't and perhaps too appreciate things for what they are despite others expecting more. I enjoy open-wheel racing and look forward to all the events and like Saturday night gather with friends and we all had a good time while watching & discussing the race. So while it wasn't a 'great' race it was still a decent race by our opinions. For instance I could say your opinion sucks but obviously you don't think so.
      ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by indyracefan View Post
        It all comes down to one's opinion. Some enjoy things differently and for reasons others don't and perhaps too appreciate things for what they are despite others expecting more. I enjoy open-wheel racing and look forward to all the events and like Saturday night gather with friends and we all had a good time while watching & discussing the race. So while it wasn't a 'great' race it was still a decent race by our opinions. For instance I could say your opinion sucks but obviously you don't think so.
        So you of anybody then should be able to appreciate the street festival crowds then? Right? Who cares if they are hardcore fans or not, as long as they are showing up, drinking beer, cheering louder for the drifters and having a good time, isn't that what it is all about???

What did you rate the race?

Comment

So you of anybody then should be able to appreciate the street festival crowds then? Right? Who cares if they are hardcore fans or not, as long as they are showing up, drinking beer, cheering louder for the drifters and having a good time, isn't that what it is all about???

What did you rate the race?

It is what it is and my opinion counts for nothing. I don't get too caught up in it all and enjoy it for what it is...life's too short. If the truth be told my real pet-peeve right now is whole-sale yellow flag pit stops (time-out periods) and the lengthy caution laps to accommodate them.

Comment

It is what it is and my opinion counts for nothing. I don't get too caught up in it all and enjoy it for what it is...life's too short. If the truth be told my real pet-peeve right now is whole-sale yellow flag pit stops (time-out periods) and the lengthy caution laps to accommodate them.

Your opinion counts for everything. Without them discussion forums fail to exist. For some reason, opinions aren't allowed around here though, at least differing ones aren't. Fans have the power to have a voice. It's with that voice that change can be made.

According to this poll, not many here seem to think that change is required though if they are giving Motegi seven's and eight's. Am I wrong?

Life is long. And racing is my life!

Comment

gonzo's latest rant

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              thats a fair post....but take the one right above you....

his statement is akin to a heterosexual man saying 'I love Vaginas so even the women I am most unattracted too rate a "7" because they have a vagina'

isnt it?

*and as far as i can tell this wasn't a rate the locale and crowd thread

**btw i gave it a 4... a 3 for ontrack action, but a bonus point because i was interested in where Will and Dario finished as we head towards the final championship deciding race
              It's called complacency Ken. That or these fans don't remember what good racing was like. Whether it was the thirties, the fifties, the eighties, the early nineties, I don't care, if anybody watched Motegi, or Kentucky for that matter and thought that was a good race, and rating it a seven or an eight is saying it is a good race has either forgotten, become complacent, or doesn't know what good racing is. Geez, you don't even need to look any further then Iowa of this year for a good example of some great racing. Unfortunately, those are few and far between these days.

To ask, to demand, to long for, anything contrary to accepting what we currently have, on these boards is called [email protected]#$%chin and whining.

It isn't. Maybe some are, some are legitimate trolls, but most are simply fans that want something better. Better then what we have had. They are not willing to succumb to accepting a crumby race and trying to pass it off as a good one because they had a good time watching with friends and family. Or because it was in an exotic locale.

Hey to each his own, but I have a hard time believing that if Turn13 and doitagain or anybody else in this thread who had more then positive things to say about Motegi had a chance to sit down one on one with Bernard, I doubt any of them would use Motegi as an example of what good racing is!

Seriously, would any of you who rated it a 7 or an 8, given the opportunity, sit down in front of Bernard and say give me more of that? That is what the fans want?

Give me a break. They wouldn't. If they watched Phoenix or Nazareth in 1991-1993, or Cleveland in 1992-1995, remembered what those races were all about, they would be screaming at Bernard to give them more of that quality of racing and less of Motegi.

It's complacency, cause I know Turn13 remembers those races. I know Porscheman remembers those races, I know the guys that have followed this series, style of racing for the amount of time they have remember those races, but people want to make excuses, they have become complacent for fear of ridicule and criticism on these boards. And that isn't right cause as fans we send the wrong message.

Motegi wasn't a good race. It was horrible racing. The on track activity was abysmal. Hey if you clanged beer mugs and sang sing alongs with family members in front of the TV while you all cheered on Takumo Sato, good for you. But that doesn't make it good racing or a good race!
              Last edited by gonzo; 09-21-2010, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luy View Post
                In your opinion. A differing opinion doesn't make us complacent or ignorant of what "good racing" is. The fact that you didn't enjoy the race does not mean that it was a "bad" race, or that others can't enjoy it.

You're so quick to defend your right to post your opinion, but when anyone offers a thought that doesn't square with your perception, suddenly their opinion is invalid and they don't know anything about racing or they're a "bad" fan. Give me a break.
                What did you rate it?

Comment

Your opinion counts for everything. Without them discussion forums fail to exist. For some reason, opinions aren't allowed around here though, at least differing ones aren't. Fans have the power to have a voice. It's with that voice that change can be made.

According to this poll, not many here seem to think that change is required though if they are giving Motegi seven's and eight's. Am I wrong?

Life is long. And racing is my life!
                  Opinions are allowed, your constant whining is proof. Why is it so hard for you to accept that some if not many don't share your consistently negative attitude? You ask questions of the fans here yet when they offer views that disagree with yours you become aggressively argumentative challenging them to defend their views.That doesn't make them any less of fans nor does it mean their complacent in accepting whatever is given to them. Some very knowledgeable fans can still enjoy the racing knowing that there's things they'd like to see changed. And why do others have to answer to you to justify their enjoyment?? The series isn't all what a lot of us would like it to be but that doesn't necessarily make it awful or totally un-enjoyable, at least not to me. I don't sit and watch the races looking for every little thing to cry about, nor do the things that I dis-like make me throw a tantrum expecting everyone else to agree with me. And why do you think your repetitive sniffling will inspire others to agree or follow you?? If anything your immature actions only make you look foolish acting like a spoiled brat that doesn't get it's way. Randy Bernard has done a good job of listening to owners and fans, take your complaints to him...that's where the changes will come from....not this message board.

Comment

Opinions are allowed, your constant whining is proof.
                    My case in point.

Why is it so hard for you to accept that some if not many don't share your consistently negative attitude? You ask questions of the fans here yet when they offer views that disagree with yours you become aggressively argumentative challenging them to defend their views.That doesn't make them any less of fans nor does it mean their complacent in accepting whatever is given to them. Some very knowledgeable fans can still enjoy the racing knowing that there's things they'd like to see changed. And why do others have to answer to you to justify their enjoyment?? The series isn't all what a lot of us would like it to be but that doesn't necessarily make it awful or totally un-enjoyable, at least not to me. I don't sit and watch the races looking for every little thing to cry about, nor do the things that I dis-like make me throw a tantrum expecting everyone else to agree with me. And why do you think your repetitive sniffling will inspire others to agree or follow you?? If anything your immature actions only make you look foolish acting like a spoiled brat that doesn't get it's way. Randy Bernard has done a good job of listening to owners and fans, take your complaints to him...that's where the changes will come from....not this message board.
                    It's called a discussion. But like I said, anybody who tries to have a discussion here with differing views then those that wish to cheerleading and look at the series through rose colored glasses gets accused of whining.

If you don't think message boards have the power to influence change then you are living in the dark ages. Fans have a voice, and the internet has given them the power to have one that is now loud enough to be heard.

Comment

It's called a discussion. But like I said, anybody who tries to have a discussion here with differing views then those that wish to cheerleading and look at the series through rose colored glasses gets accused of whining.
                      And anybody who tries to have a discussion here with differing views from yours is accused of being a "bad" fan or not knowing what "good" racing is.

I think indyracefan nailed it in post #46.
                      RIP Daniel Clive Wheldon, 2005 & 2011 Indianapolis 500 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Luy View Post
                        And anybody who tries to have a discussion here with differing views from yours is accused of being a "bad" fan or not knowing what "good" racing is.

I think indyracefan nailed it in post #46.
                        Whose calling anybody a bad fan. It's me that gets constantly called names.

What did you rate the race luy?

Comment

Whose calling anybody a bad fan.
                          You did:
                          Originally posted by gonzo
                          It's called complacency Ken. That or these fans don't remember what good racing was like.
                          Those are good fans in you opinion? Funny, but I doubt they feel that was a compliment.

Was it a good race? Of course - just look at how it was rated by the fans, above. Room for improvement? Of couse.
                          Last edited by Sybil D. Sobydianz; 09-21-2010, 06:43 PM.
                          There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

Originally posted by doitagain View Post
                            Those are good fans in you opinion? Funny, but I doubt they feel that was a compliment.

Was it a good race? Of course - just look at how it was rated by the fans, above. Room for improvement? Of couse.
                            Ya but I am accused of having a constant negative attitude, aggressively argumentative, implied that I throw tantrums, accused of sniffling and acting like a spoiled brat.

........and somehow that is different eh?

So given the chance you'd tell Randy give you more Motegi?

Or am I not allowed to ask you that question in fear of a discussion breaking out?

Comment

Ya but I am accused of having a constant negative attitude, aggressively argumentative, implied that I throw tantrums, accused of sniffling and acting like a spoiled brat.
                              Yes, and quite fairly, I'd say.

I think all the opinions in the polls are legitimate. Yours is just a minority one, not commonly held. I'm quite sure there could be the perfect race, in your opinion, and 5% here would pan it.

So it goes. Fans here have a wide variety of value systems. I don't question them, though I do need to moderate their expression from time to time.
                              There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X