Anyone else think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else think

That topics where the subject line gives no indication of the actual content of the thread are annoying?

Yes and no.
    The difference between right and wrong are as clear as night and day, but the color of justice is green. bFoOt

https://www.facebook.com/rich.miko?r...2194600&type=3

Comment

Perhaps.
      "We won a few races here and there, but the magic died the day Helmet melted." - Doc Austin on slotcar champion Michael Shannon

Comment

Yes, I think thoughts.
        "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
        Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
        www.fairtax.org

Comment

We can’t bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell 'em stories that don’t go anywhere—like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. 'Give me five bees for a quarter,' you’d say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah—the important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
          ... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James

Comment

Yes. Topics where the subject line gives no indication of the actual content of the thread are annoying? It's like a sign saying "Don't read this"
            Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the Keenest of them all?

Comment

Yes, I hate time wasters! :mad:
              I want to know exactly what the topic is from reading the heading, just like the headlines in the newspaper...the little info bar that pops up when you run the cursor over the thread headline does help eliminate the lame ones....
              "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
              "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
              "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

all you have to do is hover your mouse over title and it displays first part of post

Comment

Originally posted by cleanupcrew
                  all you have to do is hover your mouse over title and it displays first part of post
                  Not when you're reading on a smart-phone. It never bugged me before I went mobile. Now it does, just a little.

Comment

Originally posted by infoxicated
                    That topics where the subject line gives no indication of the actual content of the thread are annoying?

You mean this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Turn2
                      You mean this one?
                      I was going for some sarcastic symmetry with a thread that had the same title on the IndyCar board, but then this one was moved.

Comment

...annoying threads viewed from a smart-phone. The irritations of modern technology.
                        ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

The title of this thread is "Anyone else think"

I thought this thread was going to be a discussion on the merits of posting with the big head as opposed to posting with the small head as oppossed to posting with the heart, liver or spleen.

How freakin' misleading!!!! :mad:
                          "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                          ~~Groucho Marx
                          I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X