AMT Penske PC-6 models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMT Penske PC-6 models

Had all 4, put them together to various degrees of success, the best one was Mario's 1978 Gould Charge, even survived a fall from a table, totally upside down impact, with just a slightly bent roll bar.

Any skilled customizers tried to make a PC-7 out of one, or another chassis? Painted one into a version from a lesser-known driver from a later 500 i.e. Scott Brayton's 1981 car?
    "Thank God for the fortune to be here, to be an American."--Alan Kulwicki, 11/15/92

20210218_073548.jpgi was gifted this AMC PC-17. The decals are missing.

I think I will hold on to it
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

If you haven't already, check out indycals, run by a TF member. Lots of resources for those old AMT kits. If you are building the Pennzoil PC-17, you definitely want to replace those decals. That particular kit was known to have issues with the decals not setting and curling/wrinkling after drying not matter how much decal set you use. Mike makes gorgeous replacement decals!
      I ride tandem/with the random/Things don't run the way I planned them.
      Peter Gabriel, "Humdrum"

Comment

IMG_2130.jpeg

I had two of these when I was a kid. I picked this one up - along with the Indycals - a few years ago, and took a bunch of pictures of the recreated that was in the Museum back in 2016, but never got around to the build. There are forums out there that show you how you can modify this kit into all sorts of versions of the PC-6, and this was the one that inspired me to try the kit again, before life got busy.
        “America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I believe this series debuted in early 1979, with all 3 cars from the Penske stable in the 1978 500. Of course after Mears the '79 500 in a year-old PC-6, they rushed out the "Indy Winner" version later that year. Rick's winning car looks like it had subtle changes to it, like the round red part of the nose piece being flatter. The model was identical to the other ones.
          "Thank God for the fortune to be here, to be an American."--Alan Kulwicki, 11/15/92

Comment

Originally posted by Sweaty Teddy View Post
            IMG_2130.jpeg

I had two of these when I was a kid. I picked this one up - along with the Indycals - a few years ago, and took a bunch of pictures of the recreated that was in the Museum back in 2016, but never got around to the build. There are forums out there that show you how you can modify this kit into all sorts of versions of the PC-6, and this was the one that inspired me to try the kit again, before life got busy.
            I made a couple. I used sheet plastic and the kit sprues to make a PC-7 out of one of them, and a wild Lotus 80 copy from another, extended tail/diffuser and all. Wish I still had them!
            You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X