Our racing collections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our racing collections

Fellow forum member Turn 13 has listed pics of several things he found over the summer. Got me thinking about starting a thread to share pics of some of the stuff in our collections. So, here’s the start of that thread.

Could be a book or a toy car or a flag you found. Could be Indy Car or F1 or sprint car or midget. What ever you collect and choose to share. Maybe someone else will see your item and be able to give you some info about it.

I found this at a small flea market a few years ago. Reads Indianapolis 500 and Indiana on the front. It appears to be Gordon Johncock race winner from 1973. So this probably dates from 74 or so. Might have been a paper weight or just a nic nac. The back reads Colonial Pewter Hyannis on the back. Included the shot glass for size. Came with a small stand that fits into a notch on the back.
    Attached Files

My seat from when the tower terrace seats were removed to construct the F1 garages:

Seat.jpeg
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

STP "pajamas" from the 60s:

STP.jpeg
      Center Grove Trojans
      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Random stuff on the wall:

Wall.jpeg

There are a few pics from '73 because that was my first 500.
        Center Grove Trojans
        2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Random stuff in a curio:

Curio.jpeg
          Center Grove Trojans
          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

👍. Hey Truth Detector, looks like that 1973 Qualifying picture to the left of your 1973 wall was the basis of the pewter item I posted. LoL.

Comment

Good catch!!
              Center Grove Trojans
              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

5DFF50E1-7D14-4A86-942C-4156DEF89C5F.jpeg This lighted bar sign features Larry Dickson in a 1977 Penske PC5 during the 1979 and 80 seasons.
                racefanindy
                Insider
                Last edited by racefanindy; 12-07-2020, 10:46 AM.

Comment

818D9E31-8AED-4525-852F-B35DA1D80CC8.jpeg BFEA0669-DF96-43B8-AB94-F0961727FD23.jpeg Here’s a small Indy 500 souvenir race car. About 4 inches long. Rear wing is marked Indianapolis 500.

Comment

8F73146E-4896-40A3-B26A-8EFDBC4B98EA.jpeg And my pennants...

Comment

Nice! I like collecting 2D stuff, myself. Ephemera, easily stored:

20201215_100328.jpg
                      "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                      ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

20201215_100204.jpg
                        "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"

Brian's Wish

Comment

20201215_100317.jpg

Brian's Wish

Comment

20201215_100305.jpg

Brian's Wish

Comment

20201215_100341.jpg

Brian's Wish

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X