My brother the record collector...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My brother the record collector...

... also scours a few sources for his Indiana high school basketball memorabilia collection, which is extensive.

Sometimes he comes across an item he knows I'll appreciate.

Tonight, it was these:

20200804_222458.jpg

20200804_222507.jpg
    "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
    ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Score!!
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

If I had back all of the little cars I had as a kid, I would be a rich man today if the prices I see on EBAY or at antique shops are any indication. I had a car like the yellow one as a kid.
      "For in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's future, and we are all mortal".

John Kennedy at American University 1963

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"

A. Lincoln

Comment

It's purely nostalgic entertainment for me, too. I'm not an informed expert, I just know what I remember and like. It's usually enough for me to just find them and take a pic, but occassionally I'll spend $3 or $4 just as a souvenir of the day

20200806_115719.jpgGot this one at The American Pickers store in Nashville.

20200806_115814.jpg
        "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"

Brian's Wish

Comment

A manufacturer I don't recognize, a Matchbox, and a Tootsie Toy.
          20200806_120101.jpg

??

20200806_123342.jpg

Brian's Wish

Comment

A Midget Toy pair I got from Turn Four Collectibles at the IMS Museum last year.

20200806_115902.jpg20200806_115917.jpg

Brian's Wish

Comment

Quartzo was a race car brand owned by a South American diecast company named Vittesse. I’m not sure if they’re stil in business.

Comment

Originally posted by Belanger99 View Post
                If I had back all of the little cars I had as a kid, I would be a rich man today if the prices I see on EBAY or at antique shops are any indication. I had a car like the yellow one as a kid.
                Same. The cars I learned about first were my slot cars. I had a batmobile, a green hornet, and a couple others that proved to be worth a pretty good chunk of change. 'Course I didn't realize it until I gave them away.
                Center Grove Trojans
                2008 5A Football State Champs
                2015 6A Football State Champs
                2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

I had many larger metal cars as a child. On some I took a scissor and cut slivers off the rubber tires so that they made noise when i ran them around the floor.
                  "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                  ~~Groucho Marx
                  I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

20200907_161748.jpg

Brian's Wish

Comment

20200907_161808.jpg

Brian's Wish

Comment

This is about 3" x4", in.the original bag:

20200914_114315.jpg

Brian's Wish

Comment

20200914_114322.jpg

Brian's Wish

Comment

Cool decal! That was a good find.

Comment

The condition is fantastic. And there were two of them So my other brother (not named Daryl) got one, too.

Brian's Wish

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X